Tire pressure sensor question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Does the pressure sensors detect a difference in pressure from each other to set off the warning or does each sensor have a set value if reached sets off the warning? Thanks for any help!

D

Deleted member 12951

I am pretty darn sure it is per tire. Its gone off and only one tire was low, topped the one tire off and tpms light turns off

Gorelaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just let your dealer set the TPMS to 35 psi and forget about that warning all together, nothing better than driving around with 36 psi compared to the old 44 psi, its alot smoother. Its also possible to set the tpms with SCT x4 tuner but I didn't try it I just saw the option just before you load the tune into the truck.

Ingot SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are sensors in each wheel that transmit a signal which antennas pickup and transfer to the tpms control unit about tire location, tire temp, tire pressure and remaining battery life of the sensor. Then it compares the specified valve for tire pressure to the actual value. If the value is below the spec it sends a warning and stores a fault for which tire is low.

Hope that helps to understand

JTiburon

Reaction score
Is there an upgrade available so that the dashboard can display the pressure in each tire as in some other vehicles?

D

Deleted member 12951

Been asked several times, don't think there is anything out there.