Be a tire critic.. Rate your tires! Help me decide!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought it was the 37" BFG AT KO (old one, not the new one).

Hmm guess ur right...

BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO - 37X12.50R17 - 69 lbs

BFG KM2's- 71lbs

Haven't looked much at the BFG AT KO. I usually like a little more meat on my tires. Let me rephrase that "the lightest 37" mud terrain tire is still the KM2"?

Last edited:

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would've got the 37" KO2's if they were available.

They weren't so I got duratracs. Love them so far. Did very well in the sand in 1wd.

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I was just wondering if there was anything else out there comparable, not sure my dual tiregate would fare well with the mud terrain heavy weights.

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I run Falken Wildpeaks and love them. Slowly everyone we run with is switching to them. I wouldn't run anything other than them except for the projects. Toyos are great depending on your use, but man they are heavy.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run Falken Wildpeaks and love them. Slowly everyone we run with is switching to them. I wouldn't run anything other than them except for the projects. Toyos are great depending on your use, but man they are heavy.

The Falkens aint no feather weights either. 35's weigh 75lbs and 37's weigh 81lbs. It is a great tire though.

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been on GY Duratrac for about 25k mi now.

Had them in ice/snow/mud/rain/dry.

They are really quite nice all around, but have gotten much louder with age. NOT a big deal, but the grumble has grown now that they're maybe 40% worn. They used to have a real high-pitched "sing"; but now it's a more typical grumble.

Overall a good solid tire for anyone needing something slightly more aggressive than your typical A/T; but not a full on MT.

I've owned 2 sets of Toyo/Nitto A/T on other trucks and the Duratracs perform MUCH better in moderate mud.

The one time I was in snow/ice, they were really spectacular.

My primary complaint is the sidewalls seem a little thin, which can pose an issue with punctures and sometimes they can oscillate on certain truck-rutted interstate lanes.

P.S. : BFG A/T suck. period. I'm in the southeast and they're THE most useless tire I've ever driven on. As long as ALL your TERRAIN involves pavement/hard surfaces you'll be fine on them.

rubberdust

Reaction score
the new BFG KO2 has been unstoppable, pre ran Baja 1000 course through the muddy washouts after last years hurricane that normally don't exist in Baja shocked by how well they did in goo, would still prefer a mud tire but didn't get it stuck, the sand & silt were no challenge. graded gravel roads were serious fun. Finally got into some snow a month ago in Colo & was impressed. I've already put over 20,000 on them & they're looking great, by that many miles on the OE KO's I was ready for new hoops

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I buy duratracs for my trucks because they handle just about any type of terrain I might encounter at work. And they hold up well to freeway miles as well.

Glo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the new BFG KO2 has been unstoppable, pre ran Baja 1000 course through the muddy washouts after last years hurricane that normally don't exist in Baja shocked by how well they did in goo, would still prefer a mud tire but didn't get it stuck, the sand & silt were no challenge. graded gravel roads were serious fun. Finally got into some snow a month ago in Colo & was impressed. I've already put over 20,000 on them & they're looking great, by that many miles on the OE KO's I was ready for new hoops

How are they doing in terms of chunking? Are they significantly more durable in that respect?