Be a tire critic.. Rate your tires! Help me decide!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmarriott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BFG KR2's. Toughest, best looking, best desert & I'd add great rock tire after seeing 1/3 if not 1/2 of King of Hammer rigs running them. New compound fixes Baja TA wet road problem & as for longevity ive been told there good for 40K. Con- Their heavy

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats everyones general opinion on the km2's?

Had them in 35s on my last Jeep for about 40k miles. They are great mud and rock tires for the first 25k miles. After that, they get ridiculously loud and very slick on wet surfaces. The lugs are very large and the siping is very shallow. Therefore, you need to rotate them religiously every 3k miles and after 25k miles or so, all the siping is gone. I should have replaced them after 25k miles, but figured I'd use them until they got damaged.

I didn't like them at all (even when they were new) for snowy or icy roads. They just didn't have enough siping to grab on. Now, in deep snow off-road, they were awesome - very similar handling to mud. But on the road, I preferred driving my wife's Jeep with 35" BFG A/Ts.

I think the BFG M/T KM2 is the nicest looking mud tire out there. The lugs are large and clean. The profile is classic and the tread pattern is just awesome. I really love the look of them, but they just don't last as long as I'd like them to.

M3 WRATH

Reaction score
I had **** Cepek Fun Country II for a while - I'd say stay away from them. They are horrible when it comes to picking up rocks and spitting them out. Just horrible. I happily replaced them even though they only had a few thousand miles on them.

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't care for the "DC" written repeatedly as part of the tread on their sidewalls. I know it's a cosmetic thing, but I just don't care for it.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only had my Duratrac's for a few months now...but I love 'em!

With the little wet weather we've had lately, I noticed these things are nearly impossible to break traction with. My BFG's would spin if you looked at the gas pedal. MPG has dropped a bit because of the aggressive hybrid design. They sing at highway speeds. It's not distracting, and you have to turn the radio way down to hear it...but its there.

I give 'em 2 big thumbs up! :happy107:
This is the only pic I have of them on the truck right now... ya gotta love that sidewall design!

Attachments

• IMG0341.jpg
    IMG0341.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 185
Last edited: