Be a tire critic.. Rate your tires! Help me decide!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it's time for some new tires. And I completely can't decide. Every time I decide I change my mind. I thought maybe we could get a thread going where everyone rates and gives pros and cons of what tire you have to help people like me decide. Main things are lifespan, performance,weight, on road manners, if they stay balanced, durability, price and of course looks. I know some of these traits directly oppose each other and it will be a trade off, but still trying to get the most bang for my buck. Help me out!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the stock ones for a year, then went to the general red letters, now I have the 's' rated bfg's and love them the best for ride and comfort and gas mileage.

OP
OP
svt_reid

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes offroad performance is important. But probably 60 percent of my miles are highway miles. I'm personally not concerned with snow performance. I Live in FL. But I know a lot of other guys on here are so that may help somebody else out

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My buddy has toyos on his truck and those things are monstrous. When you air them down slightly they can dig through a lot. And being in florida i am sure you are mainly around mud so i would personally go with the toyo mts. But thats me

OP
OP
svt_reid

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea that was my first choice but then I saw how much of a difference unsprung weight makes on acceleration and braking and thought twice. It would be an easy choice if they were ten pounds lighter lol. That's the trade off for sure. Awesome tire all around except they are just heavier than gold

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the stock ones for a year, then went to the general red letters, now I have the 's' rated bfg's and love them the best for ride and comfort and gas mileage.

The stock are S rated. Did you mean you have the R rated now?