time for 6 new tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
after TRR, my Toyo's will officially be dead and i'm going to replace them with something...

truck is no longer a DD (harness bar kind of killed it for that), but still gets around 5k miles a year, 70% on road, 30% off road.

Things I liked about the Toyo's:
look - they are a mean looking tread
dry high speed off road performance
sand and dirt performance

Things I didn't like:
mud, rain, snow - might as well be driving on the rims by themselves
weight - probably made out of lead

with all that, I'm looking to replace them with something that does a bit better in mud, won't kill em on the street in the rain, and isn't any louder than the Toyo's - and as a bonus, hopefully lighter

top running right now are the Cooper STT's.

other opinions? (have to be DOT tires)

sandtrooper29

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
after TRR, my Toyo's will officially be dead and i'm going to replace them with something... truck is no longer a DD (harness bar kind of killed it for that), but still gets around 5k miles a year, 70% on road, 30% off road. Things I liked about the Toyo's: look - they are a mean looking tread dry high speed off road performance sand and dirt performance Things I didn't like: mud, rain, snow - might as well be driving on the rims by themselves weight - probably made out of lead with all that, I'm looking to replace them with something that does a bit better in mud, won't kill em on the street in the rain, and isn't any louder than the Toyo's - and as a bonus, hopefully lighter top running right now are the Cooper STT's. other opinions? (have to be DOT tires)

Bfg KM2. Have no complaints Still aggressive looking, perform well in all conditions, very little to no road noise.

RAPTORSCHIM

Reaction score
I ran two sets of STT's on my company truck. I was very impressed with them on dry & wet roads. Drove them way harder on the curvy WV roads than I should have, and they never let me down ....

I just ordered a set for my raptor Friday.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
If you didnt like the Toyo MTR's in the mud, you won't be satisfied with the STT's either. They have smaller voids than the Toyos.