Thoughts on this wheel/tire combo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dunnbrother

Reaction score
Hi guys...been away from the forum for awhile but I'm back into discussions to help survive the long winter months.

I've spent a lot of time reviewing the wheel/tire photos that many of you have posted. There's some real sweet rides out there and this mod is one of the more difficult ones to choose. After much consideration I've made a choice and just wanted to get some opinions. I have a red 2012 Raptor Screw and I'm at mid-perch.

I've decided to go with the Fuel Off-Road Trophy in Matte Black with the Anthracite ring. I've decided to wrap them with Toyo Open Country M/T in size 35 inch. As for wheel size (this was the most difficult to choose), I'm 90% sure that I'm going with 20 inch wheels. I was originally set on going with 17s but I'm thinking 20s will look great. I know it's taking away from the off-road look a bit but in looking at some of the photos with 20s, it's not as much bling as I thought...especially if the wheel is black matte finish.

Anyway, I'm interested in what you guys think. Anyone out there running this combo or the same size in a different make....I'd appreciate your thoughts and whether or not you regret the decision to go with this size.

Thanks guys...
Dunnbrother

Myfx4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel 20 with mtz 35/12.5/20

I will probably get flamed but I have that setup and like the look and the ride.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 152
OP
OP
Dunnbrother

Dunnbrother

Reaction score
Thanks MyfX4...

Looks like you still have a decent amount of side wall. Are you happy with your decision? If you had to do it over would you go with 17s or 18s instead? I'd have to guess the ride is slightly smoother with a larger wheel albeit the M/T tread offsets any desired smoothness to begin with. Thanks again!

Myfx4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am very happy, it did lose some smoothness that the bfgs had, but overall rides well. Tires were weighed at 68# which wasnt much heavier than stock, not the best pic.. Sorry

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 243