Thoughts? Decisions on new wheels/tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick28

Reaction score
Ok, I know most of you aren't fans of 20" wheels on these trucks. I can respect that... Ok that aside I have plans in the future for 37's, be a while down the road and I only want to buy the wheels once.

I have it narrowed down to Method Mesh in 20x9. I was looking at tires, I've ran the Toyos, Nittos, etc on other trucks and really want to stay with an AT tire and away from the heavy MT tires.

I like the look of the new BFG KO2's, and found the 285/65-20 might fit the bill. It specs real close in height/width to the stock tires and is light too.
Weighing in at 60.1 lbs according to the BFG website specs.

Should be a nice setup, save some weight as well. Anyone know the weight on the methods in 20" ?

Thanks
Nick

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I know most of you aren't fans of 20" wheels on these trucks. I can respect that... Ok that aside I have plans in the future for 37's, be a while down the road and I only want to buy the wheels once.

I have it narrowed down to Method Mesh in 20x9. I was looking at tires, I've ran the Toyos, Nittos, etc on other trucks and really want to stay with an AT tire and away from the heavy MT tires.

I like the look of the new BFG KO2's, and found the 285/65-20 might fit the bill. It specs real close in height/width to the stock tires and is light too.
Weighing in at 60.1 lbs according to the BFG website specs.

Should be a nice setup, save some weight as well. Anyone know the weight on the methods in 20" ?

Thanks
Nick
Depending on the model the 20's are 34-36lbs. BTW the 285's will look too skinny. I'd go with a 35x12.50x20 or 325/60/20

Last edited:

truckarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the tires, Trail Grapplers and Duratracs are a good option since they are a little more aggressive than an AT.

OP
OP
N

nick28

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. I believe I am just going to step down to 18" and go with the cooper st maxx in 305/70-18. Keeps me basically same weight as stock setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMX Engineer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
nick28 I can weigh one at the shop tomorrow. The 17" Methods weight around 20lbs. We have 20" Mesh in stock

OP
OP
N

nick28

Reaction score
nick28 I can weigh one at the shop tomorrow. The 17" Methods weight around 20lbs. We have 20" Mesh in stock

Thanks that would be great. I'd be interested in 18" mesh weight as well if you have those.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks that would be great. I'd be interested in 18" mesh weight as well if you have those.

I personally have never seen a 20lb Method. The lightest I have seen is the new Roost which weighs 24.5lbs on our UPS scale. The 18" Mesh weighs 30lbs. The 17" Mesh weighs 26lbs. I'd guess the Roost will be the lightest they offer in an 18" but I haven't had any here yet so I don't know for sure.