For Those Who've Run Toyo MT 37x13.5r17...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Geo_Tactical

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you really want 37's go with BFG KM2 or KR2. They're more like a 36.4 and fit no problem. You'll want gears though. 35" Toyo MT is only 1" smaller than most 37's. Plus on our Reno to Vegas run which I also pre-ran not one flat. Over 1000 miles off road total. 6 flats on the run all BFG.

Curious, why gears for those? They are lighter than my Toyo 35's (based on what I read anyway). Interesting that the 37x12.5 Toyos are the same weight as my 35's. Must be the lesser ply count or something. Anyway, is it more than just inertial weight that causes a need for different gear ratios?

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Curious, why gears for those? They are lighter than my Toyo 35's (based on what I read anyway). Interesting that the 37x12.5 Toyos are the same weight as my 35's. Must be the lesser ply count or something. Anyway, is it more than just inertial weight that causes a need for different gear ratios?

You'll lose off the line torque/momentum due to size. It's really another 2K installed or less for 4.56

Remember trophy trucks run 37/39 with 800 plus hp. A Raptor needs some work to do it right. It can be done but cutting corners if you are a serious off reader will hold you back.

Last edited:

Luke13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @oxfordraptor
Yea I finished it all up anyone have questions I have pics and details of what I did to get it to work.

As for the performance side, I've had the truck in glamis hitting full bump and droop, full steering range with zero rubbing, even at steering lock and full compression no contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks @oxfordraptor
Yea I finished it all up anyone have questions I have pics and details of what I did to get it to work.

As for the performance side, I've had the truck in glamis hitting full bump and droop, full steering range with zero rubbing, even at steering lock and full compression no contact.

So what exactly did you do?

Luke13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of trimming fat off the firewall area of the truck let me dig up the pictures

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

I don't hit whoops at 75, I stay comfortable and happy around 60/65

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
Geo_Tactical

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To update this...I spoke with SVC and Jarrett said that Jeff has been running this tire for a year without issue. Minor trimming on the Glassworks for full clearance plus the usual pinch weld smash. Going to give it a shot. If for some reason they aren't doing it for me, I'll swap over to the RT in the same size. I'll throw up a pic or two once installed.

Luke13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm telling you right now there is no way that is true, I don't care how much you hammer that pinch weld the tire doesn't fit good enough hit a speed bump.

OP
OP
Geo_Tactical

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: The truck has been at the body shop for a few days. Clearance at full compression has finally been achieved. It required cutting a few inches off the backside of the fiberlass fenders, as well as cutting into the firewall area. They are off to paint now so I should be able to post some pics early next week.