Stripped lug nut?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with a stripped lug nut on their stock wheels. Went to do the mid perch this morning and found that not only am I missing a lug completely, but one of the other lugs looks beat to shit and is stripped.. FML.:flipthebird:

Glassman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one of the first problems experienced when changing a flat out in the desert, replaced all with spline nuts

OP
OP
F

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one of the first problems experienced when changing a flat out in the desert, replaced all with spline nuts

How'd you get the stripped lug out? I'm thinking I might have to grab a 5/16 chisel and start cutting.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How'd you get the stripped lug out? I'm thinking I might have to grab a 5/16 chisel and start cutting.

That is what I had to do. Chisel down the "cap" enough to get down the the nut below. Had to be real careful not to damage the tire

D

Deleted member 12951

That is what I had to do. Chisel down the "cap" enough to get down the the nut below. Had to be real careful not to damage the tire

Assume wheel. If you had to be careful not to damage tire then you were swinging that hammer like a SOB. lol

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL..... yeah wheel.

352475-thor-hammer.jpg

OP
OP
F

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assume wheel. If you had to be careful not to damage tire then you were swinging that hammer like a SOB. lol

That's why I'm letting the rage subside before starting again lol.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the past when taking stripped lugs or locks with out keys off I would find a nice solid socket that is slightly smaller than said lug and and hammer it on. Hammer it on the lug as far as you can. Once the socket is as far as it's gonna go use a breaker bar and go slow. If that doesn't work a reverse threaded socket should do the trick. It's kind of a bitch to get it started though

http://www.summitracing.com/nv/parts/wmr-m980/overview/