Stock BFGs dry rotting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guys, I bought some new wheels and was about to get some 37s mounted up and had planned to sell my OEM wheels/tires as a complete set. Unfortunately, I just noticed that there's some minor dry rotting/cracking between the treads. There's only ~9000 miles on them and the truck has always been garaged. I wouldn't feel right about selling them now.

What's the process for making a warranty claim? Is that done through the dealer or through BFG?

I'm very disappointed in BFG. I've used KOs a lot in the past and I've always recommended them highly. Not so sure now.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Guys, I bought some new wheels and was about to get some 37s mounted up and had planned to sell my OEM wheels/tires as a complete set. Unfortunately, I just noticed that there's some minor dry rotting/cracking between the treads. There's only ~9000 miles on them and the truck has always been garaged. I wouldn't feel right about selling them now.

What's the process for making a warranty claim? Is that done through the dealer or through BFG?

I'm very disappointed in BFG. I've used KOs a lot in the past and I've always recommended them highly. Not so sure now.

Go to the dealer or an authorized BFG dealer. YOU need to call and start a claim, google their 800 number. Then let BFG know where the tires are at, and the dealer or authorized BFG center will report the tread depths and verify dry rot and BFG will authorize a certain percentage of coverage.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This isn't just a BFG issue. I was talking to my local tire guy the other day and he said that he has seen an uptick of people making claims across the board for this problem.

I don't know if it was a bad rubber run (if that's possible), environmental, or just something that coincidentally occurred at the same time to everyone.

AggieSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's dry rotting as much as stress fractures. Mine did the same thing as I'm sure many other people's on here have. If it's not on the sidewall I would say it's because of the stress on the knobs. I don't think it'll cause a problem though.

OP
OP
T

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Go to the dealer or an authorized BFG dealer. YOU need to call and start a claim, google their 800 number. Then let BFG know where the tires are at, and the dealer or authorized BFG center will report the tread depths and verify dry rot and BFG will authorize a certain percentage of coverage.

Thanks Jimbo. Just made the call to BFG and have an appointment at a local tire dealer for the inspection later this week.

Btw, when is the J arm kit coming out for the 2010-2014s???

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Thanks Jimbo. Just made the call to BFG and have an appointment at a local tire dealer for the inspection later this week.

Btw, when is the J arm kit coming out for the 2010-2014s???

No plans to bring it out on the 10-14. Planning for the new Raptor and for the guys that can't wait and wanted to get into a 15+ F150 in between.