Sticks in BFG Sidewalls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DesertPete

Reaction score
I ruined my 3rd stock tire yesterday with a another stick in he sidewall. I would trust my truck anywhere, but the BFG's I don't trust when I'm 2 or 3 hours out. Anybody else have sidewall issues ?

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
Out hunting one of my stock ones came off the bead and I still am not positive as to y.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Never had an issue with mine. Got 50,000 miles out of them too! including running at texas, several high speed twisty mountain road runs and everywhere else.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got lots of use out of mine including trr, Colorado meet up and Baja not to mention the other trails and city driving.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had several failures over the years with sidewalls on the BFG's. Would not use them if you gave them to me.

I would, on a street queen. They are great on the street. Out in the dirt, so prone to puncture. Personally I am about to go to Duratrac's on my street queen. Wore out my BFG's. I would go to General's but I have been waiting for those since..oh...March/April.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
idk, I ran these for years and years before they started putting these on Raptors of course, the BFG 3 ply sidewall was the first for AT tires (I think), I'm not sure the OEM BFGs run the 3 ply sidewall or not. I've run em with zero problems, but the 17s have plenty of sidewall to get hit thats for sure :)