Steering wheel vibration on highway with toyo mts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grantoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just had to start do daily highway driving and I'm about sick of the toyo mts... I have steering wheel vibration and full truck vibration at highway speeds. I have only put like 9000 miles on them and they still look brand new... Have rotated them twice. Had them rebalanced last week and it almost feels like it made it worse. Do you think I have just had 2 very crappy balance jobs? Would a high speed balance (don't think the place I went was high speed) fix this issue? Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance... I'm about ready to sell them! Not liking them for daily highway driving!

Ramrodthrusterpuppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just had to start do daily highway driving and I'm about sick of the toyo mts... I have steering wheel vibration and full truck vibration at highway speeds. I have only put like 9000 miles on them and they still look brand new... Have rotated them twice. Had them rebalanced last week and it almost feels like it made it worse. Do you think I have just had 2 very crappy balance jobs? Would a high speed balance (don't think the place I went was high speed) fix this issue? Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance... I'm about ready to sell them! Not liking them for daily highway driving!

I've had two sets of Toyo M/Ts balanced with Dynabeads and they rode smooth at all speeds but I was especially impressed on the highway. I will never use clamp/stick on wheel weights again.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You want a road force balance. And if it's an issue above 35-40 it's an alignment issue not a balance issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
grantoser

grantoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are fuel maverick wheels 18 inch. Haven't had any issue with them until this point so I can't imagine it's the wheels... If you are asking cause you want to buy them pm me you phone number... I can send you photos. They're like brand new very few miles. Great for around town and occasional highway drives just not perfect setup for daily commutes...

I found a shop near me that has a road force unit... Going to try to get scheduled to get on it to see if they can use it to figure out what's going on...

FP Forged

Justin Lundy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are fuel maverick wheels 18 inch. Haven't had any issue with them until this point so I can't imagine it's the wheels... If you are asking cause you want to buy them pm me you phone number... I can send you photos. They're like brand new very few miles. Great for around town and occasional highway drives just not perfect setup for daily commutes...

I found a shop near me that has a road force unit... Going to try to get scheduled to get on it to see if they can use it to figure out what's going on...

The road force will determine if a tire is out of round. I know it's not often but every once in a while I see an out of round Toyo/Nitto.

OP
OP
grantoser

grantoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The road force will determine if a tire is out of round. I know it's not often but every once in a while I see an out of round Toyo/Nitto.

Does toyo cover out of round tires under warranty or will I have to get it trimmed if that is the case?

FP Forged

Justin Lundy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In most cases yes. Depends on who you bought them through and how long you've had them. If you got em online most tire stores don't want to take care of a warranty on tires they didn't sell.

The fact that you have 9k on them may be reason for denial on a warranty as well. Worth a shot to try though

ittybittyfds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this same issue with my Wildpeaks and Fuel Throttles... had wheels balanced "road force" 3 times and 1 tire was not true. Had it aligned twice by tires plus and dealership.
I get some vibration but I have finally gotten used to it.
I drive 50 miles a day.. 95% highway.

Chris Crampton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no balance issues. Static balance and running factory wheels with beadlock conversion. Funny thing is with the BFG A/T's and then switching to the Toyo's the truck now pulls to the right. Air psi is the same side to side.