So we had a flat this morning.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...on the way to teach a carbine marksmanship course. The tire pressure warning went off and it wasn't more than 20 seconds before the tire was flat. Fortunately, I had my son and our co-worker with me or I would probably still be there trying to fix the %#$%^& flat!

First thing I realized is that I do not have proper lighting on/in the truck to fix a flat in the dark (the iPhone flashlight leaves something to be desired). Second thing realized was that I haven't been paying attention to you guys/gals when you discussed jack options. Wow, that jack FORD put in the Raptor is a piece of.....engineering! To have the design driven by how to get it to fit in that small place under the seat is....questionable.

So, the plan is to put that jack in a dark place in the garage and use that space under the seat to store towels. Can someone point me to the thread where we discussed jack options and where to place it to jack up the truck? Also, has there been a discussion on pneumatic solutions because I am dying to have a reason to install an air compressor with a tank?

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting, i was looking at the jack today and thought it seemed a little wimpy, and thought to myself, "damn im dreading the day i need to use that." With that said i would be interested in an in-cab floor jack mount has this been discussed?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Last edited:

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jack points with a floor jack. Rear end: under the pumpkin. Front: the lower control arm. Tires and shocks will not have any effect on those points.

D

Deleted member 12951

I know I've done wrong but I have jacked up the rear from the pumpkin and the front from the LCA. When off-road the choices seem more limited and I am in a hurry. Frame locations are always better but even my 2ton HF jack is struggling when using the frame since it sits higher. I carry wood with me and recently purchased the 6" jack extension from C4 FabWorks.

b52d0ea0f9dd2a18f0c669c81ab0e269.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess we'll need a block of wood to go with that jack or will it go high enough to lift the truck?