So I 'killed' one of the stock tires!?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran over a little mesquite bush/tree awhile back. And as I was cleaninf the rims I noticed a bunch of little thorns stabbed in the tire. So me in my OCD for cleaning this truck, pulled on of the bigger thorns out.

After I pulled the thorn out, I instantly regreated my decision.

The tire started hissing, LOUDly!

So the next day I dropped the truck off at Dicount Tire, to have them repair the damage.

They informed me that that the punsture was in the sidewall (barely) and that they could not repair it.

So a BFG with 17k miles, killed by a little thorn..... FML

Though the spare is pretty cool looking, though it doesn't match.

What should I do?

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You could go the cheap route if u plan on keeping bfgs on the truck an replace 2 so u have even on the front n back or .... If u like the sparethat much track down 3 others an roll dirty :waytogo:

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ran over a little mesquite bush/tree awhile back. And as I was cleaninf the rims I noticed a bunch of little thorns stabbed in the tire. So me in my OCD for cleaning this truck, pulled on of the bigger thorns out.

After I pulled the thorn out, I instantly regreated my decision.

The tire started hissing, LOUDly!

So the next day I dropped the truck off at Dicount Tire, to have them repair the damage.

They informed me that that the punsture was in the sidewall (barely) and that they could not repair it.

So a BFG with 17k miles, killed by a little thorn..... FML

Though the spare is pretty cool looking, though it doesn't match.

What should I do?

The same thing happened with my left rear with a nasty log. The dealer replaced it because it was on the sidewall at no charge. The wording has to be right. I was driving down so and so hwy and hit a piece of road debris. Don't say off roading.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same happened to me but an inch and 1/2 nail in the tread. Dealer repaired not for free.

OP
OP
verytalonted

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just got off the phone with a mom and pops tire place, here in San Angelo, and they said they should be able to help.

Now the only thing is; last night I tried to slime the tire and may have clogged up the TPMS sensor!?!?!?!?

FMLx2!

19-Kilo

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tire slime is for people who are in a bind in the outback miles from help... not good for anything except making a mess and throwing off your tire balance for most of us.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
tire plug kit. Walmart has one, but you can buy a good one online with fancy handles and such.

OP
OP
verytalonted

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Got the tire fixed from a local tire shop, had 3 thorns that got all the way through. Only 1 was considered sidewall.

When I was putting Slime it I messed up the nipple or stem valve, so $23 dollars later the front tire are A-OK.

Now I need to got to Discount and have them check on the back tires.

I only go to discount for flats because they are free. But if I have to buy tires of spend money I prefer to go to a local family owned tire shop.

Thanks again guys,
--Chris