SE wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rojo212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who offered to sell me a set of used SE wheels for $2k. Includes all 5 wheels.Rings have been powder coated grey. Do you guys think this is a good deal? I've only seen pictures and they don't seem to be beat up.. I Just can't see my self paying that much for used wheels.. Could use some input.

D

Deleted member 12951

Rings powder coated? Did he do that? Or are the rings stock? Cause stock SE rings are grey and match the flares.

Seems like a going price but they have gone lower but not sure on 5 at $400 each (seems decent), tempting though.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If that is just the wheels and no tires then way overpriced. I paid 2200 for a set of 4 of the ford headlock rims with tires that had less than 100 miles on them and that was really more than they were worth. If I did not need them that day I would have only paid about 1600 for them with tires. If its just the wheels and no sensors/tires I would not pay over $1200 for 5 of them. You could buy a set of aftermarket wheels for the same price and they would be new. Do not fall for the Ford markup price.

Remember most ford replacement parts have a high cost for the fact that when you damage one and insurance has to replace it they get the $$$..

OP
OP
rojo212

rojo212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rings powder coated? Did he do that? Or are the rings stock? Cause stock SE rings are grey and match the flares.

Seems like a going price but they have gone lower but not sure on 5 at $400 each (seems decent), tempting though.

They are definitely powder coated cause only 4 of them have it done.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
good question...not really sure, depends on a few things, mileage, location, sensors, lugs etc. i think silent shooter got a great deal...those rims alone are $700 a piece from ford racing...not to mention, the non SE version. shit, tires with less than 100 miles, though considered used, are still not super cheap. tpms, lugs, all adds to the cost...your buddy throwing any of that into the deal? i've seen them at all different prices on ebay and what not....i'm hesitant to sell mine b/c i won't likely get what they're worth and probably better off keeping them as an extra set.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

They are definitely powder coated cause only 4 of them have it done.

they may not be SE wheels. the SE come with a metallic grey ring and SVT in red on them. non SE are white ringed i believe...not sure if SVT is on them.

OP
OP
rojo212

rojo212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that is just the wheels and no tires then way overpriced. I'm aid 2200 for a set of 4 of the ford headlock rims with tires that had less than 100 miles on them and that was really more than they were worth. If I did not need them that day I would have only paid about 1600 for them with tires. If its just the wheels and no sensors/tires I would not pay over $1200 for 5 of them. You could buy a set of aftermarket wheels for the same price and they would be new. Do not fall for the Ford markup price.

Remember most ford replacement parts have a high cost for the fact that when you damage one and insurance has to replace it they get the $$$..

Thanks for the info. I was actually leaning toward the Fuel Trophy which are around $1200 New out the door. im going to counter offer him at $1200 and go from there.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The SE & non SE beadlock is the same wheel with the same trim ring. Just different powder coating.

As for me getting a great deal. If I did not need them that day I had another person local with a set of SE's that would have sold them to me for $1600 and had less than 500 miles on the tires. But it would have been at least 3 days before I could have gotten them and needed a way to pick them up. Ford pricing is not actual reality.

If you plan to run the ford Beadlock trim ring then the Beauty ring does not matter as it will be replaced with the Beadlock ring.

OP
OP
rojo212

rojo212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good question...not really sure, depends on a few things, mileage, location, sensors, lugs etc. i think silent shooter got a great deal...those rims alone are $700 a piece from ford racing...not to mention, the non SE version. shit, tires with less than 100 miles, though considered used, are still not super cheap. tpms, lugs, all adds to the cost...your buddy throwing any of that into the deal? i've seen them at all different prices on ebay and what not....i'm hesitant to sell mine b/c i won't likely get what they're worth and probably better off keeping them as an extra set.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

they may not be SE wheels. the SE come with a metallic grey ring and SVT in red on them. non SE are white ringed i believe...not sure if SVT is on them.

Let me see if I can post a picture. You can tell me if u think they are SE

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
attachment.php

Oh and the non SE are silver not white. Here is my truck with them

Attachments

• DSC_0221.jpg
    DSC_0221.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 157

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The SE & non SE beadlock is the same wheel with the same trim ring. Just different powder coating.

As for me getting a great deal. If I did not need them that day I had another person local with a set of SE's that would have sold them to me for $1600 and had less than 500 miles on the tires. But it would have been at least 3 days before I could have gotten them and needed a way to pick them up. Ford pricing is not actual reality.

If you plan to run the ford Beadlock trim ring then the Beauty ring does not matter as it will be replaced with the Beadlock ring.
True. It's just powder coating. Man. Those are solid deals right there. One thing is for certain though. For resale OEM seems to always rake in higher dollar on trades (not sure on private sale) at least in my experience.