Sand Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for some good tires to play in the sand dunes and also run some sand drags. I ran across these. Anyone have any history with this type of tire or any thoughts on how it would work on a Raptor in the sand?June17201202.png
June172012.png
Size 35x14.50R17 LT. Load range C.
These tires are for professional off road racing radials for baja, score, corr, or arena trucks racing and are made specifically for off road use only
(not for highway use). They are a harder compound tread over a softer core tire.

raptrcrzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welll.....those are short course tires. so theyre good for just about any off roading besides crawling.

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
with so many little lugs, IDk how they would do.

You would groove them, shave off rubber to make larger paddle area for sand only.
They would stick out more, and sand blast the rear of your truck a tad bit more. How much ?

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

scroll down to sand blaster. The 33x17s would work perfect.
Kartek Off Road - Sand Tires Unlimited

Sure if you only run in 2wd you have a 35 " and a 33 " and same 4.10 gears front and rear. Get it ?

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
I think if you ran the 35s, when the suspension compresses the paddle would tear off the flares in a heartbeat

maybe..... would have to cycle it first. That's where your RPG air bumps come in and with your new Fox 3.0 shocks all you do is back off the compression bypass !
Dunes don't really have the type of step up kicker that was bending frames, maybe whoops