Sand Dune Paddle Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of us in the cold winter snow areas, here is some sand pictures to help us think of spring that is coming. These are my first run of paddle tires at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes on my ProCharged Ford Raptor in October of last year. I tossed in a couple of videos. I was really happy with the tires. The sand was fairly damp, so not 100% possible to judge, but could stop part way up test hill and then accelerate up the hill.
lights%2520truck%2520back%2520angle%25201.jpg
Raptor%25203.jpg
Raptor.jpg
Truck%25204.jpg
truck%25201.jpg
truck%2520sand%25201.jpg
truck%2520sand%25202.jpg
truck%2520sand%25203.jpg
Test Hill Go Pro - YouTube
Clay Raptor video sand 102112 - YouTube

Last edited:
OP
OP
SVT_4X4

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking for some tires to run on the front of this with my paddles. I would only be running them in the sand dunes. Any ideas? Looking for something that will hook up good in the sand.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are special paddle tires for the front. The paddles are less pronounced and there is a rib in the center - otherwise turning can be more difficult.

OP
OP
SVT_4X4

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are special paddle tires for the front. The paddles are less pronounced and there is a rib in the center - otherwise turning can be more difficult.

I have not found any of those in 17 inch, just 15 inch. But would love to have a set.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Nice rooster tails! Would you ever want to run them on the fronts and rears?
Who made these btw?

These are Skat Trak out of California. They took a worn out pair of the stock tires, ground off the remaining tread, and then vulcanized the super scooper type paddles on them. I went 10 paddles, but even with the supercharger it would have been better with 8, or I will end up cutting them down. Holding off for the moment because I might add some more cubic inches and then these would be great as is.

Now just need to figure out something for the front.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have not found any of those in 17 inch, just 15 inch. But would love to have a set.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

These are Skat Trak out of California. They took a worn out pair of the stock tires, ground off the remaining tread, and then vulcanized the super scooper type paddles on them. I went 10 paddles, but even with the supercharger it would have been better with 8, or I will end up cutting them down. Holding off for the moment because I might add some more cubic inches and then these would be great as is.

Now just need to figure out something for the front.

Rib style in 17 - no paddle:
http://www.kartek.com/Product/Tires/Sand Tires.html

It is entirely possible the ones I've seen we're custom.