Running 20' off road.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Magnum PI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of purchasing 20' rims with Toyo M/T tires. Trying to find out any pros and cons compared to running stock sized wheels off road? Any help from you guys will make my decision easier. Thnx.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea 20 feet wholly crap ,, getting out of your truck would really mean bailing out...

But I know you mean 20 inch... that's what I run.. Why? Because of reduced sidewall flew while towing. If you tow or want to run fast you want to reduce sidewall flex. Street queens really want more sidewall, more comfortable ride.. jk about street queens... The sidewall flex helps improve the ride comfort.. So you have to ask what your going to do with them.. For me my application I want less flex and more control... so I run 20 inch wheels..

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More unsprung weight, more rolling weight, and you run a higher risk of damaging the wheels with less rubber.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was set on 20s but after seeing a lot of setups in person I don't care for it. Maybe on 37s but not 35s. Pictures don't do it justice.

OP
OP
M

Magnum PI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the **** up with the 20 feet at least you guys got a kick out of it. I've been off road once with a couple of guys from the forum and loved it. Now I'm hooked just don't like the rims on my 2011. I have seen some pics online with the Raptor on 20s and I think it looks good on the truck since it already looks like a beast. Will do a little bit of towing but much more off road then tow. Thnx for the input and jokes. Haven't made up my mind yet so hopefully some more people will reply to this thread.

captainphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this a street queen?

Attachments

• Topgun-meantime-Armin-Schwarz-was-leading-overall-at-the-BAJA-1000.jpg
    Topgun-meantime-Armin-Schwarz-was-leading-overall-at-the-BAJA-1000.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 161

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If ur looking for 20' wheels, why not just get these bad boys.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 189