Rubber spacers between replacement OEM beadlock wheel and beauty ring?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sydude

Reaction score
Hey guys. My wife decided to play chicken with a cement truck while merging from an on-ramp in my Raptor, and lost. A nice little crunch in the back corner of the bed, plus one wrecked wheel and tire. The truck came back from the body shop with a new wheel, but there is a space between the ring and the rim from what looks like a bunch of round rubber thingies in between each ring bolt. See picture attached.

Anyone know what's going on here?

Thanks!

596275e1591bfaf495769624d28765eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

Never got a new one before but would think someone forgot to remove. Need a T45 bit and remove all 12 then reinstall with a small dab of locktite on each bolt

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It appears there are bolts in place for the actual 24 bolt ring under the ring in the picture? I have yet to take my rings off my SE rims but I thought they did not have the extra 12 bolts there since mine sit flush on the rims unlike the picture. @RDFTS @sydude

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It appears there are bolts in place for the actual 24 bolt ring under the ring in the picture?

That's what it looks like to me, too.

OP - I'd remove the ring and get those out of there. When you reinstall, I'd recommend a small drop of anti-seize on each bolt.

D

Deleted member 12951

It appears there are bolts in place for the actual 24 bolt ring under the ring in the picture? I have yet to take my rings off my SE rims but I thought they did not have the extra 12 bolts there since mine sit flush on the rims unlike the picture. @RDFTS @sydude

Yep that is what it is. Those are beauty bolts. Wow, you got a set of 12 bolts out of the deal, not bad. Shop definitely didn't know how to deal with those wheels.

The bolts have locktite on them from factory. I've always put a dab of blue on and have not ran into any issues and have taken them off quite a few times.

OP
OP
sydude

sydude

Reaction score
Also, just to clarify - should I use anti-seize or locktite? I don't think I can use both.

@RDFTS @Zeke555 and @Truckzor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't want to argue with anyone but I think it's a good idea to use anti seize and that's what I have in all 5 of mine. These aren't load bearing. It's just a decorative ring. Anti seize will prevent galling and... well... seizing... which is quite likely up here in the northeast with the salt.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys. My wife decided to play chicken with a cement truck while merging from an on-ramp in my Raptor, and lost. A nice little crunch in the back corner of the bed, plus one wrecked wheel and tire. The truck came back from the body shop with a new wheel, but there is a space between the ring and the rim from what looks like a bunch of round rubber thingies in between each ring bolt. See picture attached.

Anyone know what's going on here?

Thanks!

596275e1591bfaf495769624d28765eb.jpg

Sounds like you got this figured out.
Be careful when you remove the bolts, it is easy to strip the heads out if you slip.
As stated, the bolts come with yellow loctite. If you want to use antiseize, you'll want to clean off the loctite from the bolt.

Lastly, when you reinstall the beauty ring, make sure you line up the location on the ring with the valve stem.

I'm curious, do you know what the new wheel cost?

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )