Rims and tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bnewell101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking for new rims and tires for my raptor. Would like to know what some of you have and your experiences with them

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do a search for "wheels" and you are bound to find plenty of threads with pics and discussions.

That being said, Methods appear to be the most popular wheel and there are an assortment of favorite tire choices, such as Toyo's, BFG's, GoodYears and Generals.

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Our personal favorite combo are 17" Method Double Standard with Toyo Open Country M/Ts in either 37" or 35". Let us know if you have any questions. Check out our website Texas Motorworx - Design. Performance. Speed. Ford Raptor

dusttrail.jpg

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, after taking Yukon's advice, I have read a majority of the wheel and tire threads and have concluded that the Method DS with a machined lip is the wheel for me.

Now, as for the tires, I was leaning towards Duratrac's, per Greg's recommendation, until I remembered that we only get snow in Austin once every ten years. Given that my Raptor spends 70% of it's time cruising the highway, is there a huge difference between the way the Toyo ATII's and the Toyo M/T's perform on the payment?

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok, after taking Yukon's advice, I have read a majority of the wheel and tire threads and have concluded that the Method DS with a machined lip is the wheel for me.

Now, as for the tires, I was leaning towards Duratrac's, per Greg's recommendation, until I remembered that we only get snow in Austin once every ten years. Given that my Raptor spends 70% of it's time cruising the highway, is there a huge difference between the way the Toyo ATII's and the Toyo M/T's perform on the payment?

We have the DS with Machined lip in stock and ready to ship (while supplies last).

The Toyo AT II are smoother and quieter than the MTs. However, I dont think that there is a big enough difference that I would leave the MTs for the AT IIs. The Duratrac's are always a good way to go...we sell all the above so let us know if you want a quote.

Last edited: