GEN 1 Ridge Grapplers or Duratracs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't run Duratracs on my Raptor (yet) but I do have them on my FJ Cruiser. They are a great tire in almost all conditions and I will be putting them on the Raptor when the stock tires are done.

FYI - One of the top three largest oil companies in Canada will only put Duratracs on their field trucks. These are trucks that see HARD use in every condition (pavement, gravel, logging roads, serious mud, ice roads, winter, summer etc) and are often carrying fairly heavy loads (for a 1/2 ton truck). The guys driving the trucks love the tires too.

ziechman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow those look great. I'm stuck with the same debate. Duratracs or the ridge grapplers. Get quite a bit of snow here sometimes so leaning toward the Duratracs but really like the aggressive sidewalk look of the RG's. Someone just needs to take my money and decide for me already

OP
OP
BobbyVA

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow those look great. I'm stuck with the same debate. Duratracs or the ridge grapplers. Get quite a bit of snow here sometimes so leaning toward the Duratracs but really like the aggressive sidewalk look of the RG's. Someone just needs to take my money and decide for me already

Yea it's a tuff choice....had Duratracs on my old king ranch and they were great....prob only put 20 something thousand on them before I sold the truck so can't tell you how they wear...we don't get too much snow in Northern VA so I went with the RGs...I can tell you from owing both the RGs are definitely more aggressive looking in person then the Duratracs...the Duratracs are snow flake rated and can be studded... if I still lived in MA I would have gone Duratracs for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Depending on how you use your truck the Nitto will have a much tougher sidewall. The Duratrac has a relatively think sidewall in comparison. It's also why the Duratrac is so light!