Redo SE Beauty rings

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Off-roading and getting into deep ruts have pretty much ruined my rings (plus hitting a wall, oops). I am debating about trying three different ideas and wondering what others thought?

1. Find SE color code and have them sand blasted and powder coating again. Still want to retain the red SVT.
2. Same as 1 but powder coat them black to match the wheels.
3. Same as 1 but have them Line-x black or SE color if possible. Leaning towards this option to be more durable for future runs.

Has anyone ever Line-x beadlock beauty rings? Anyone know the SE ring color code?

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Off-roading and getting into deep ruts have pretty much ruined my rings (plus hitting a wall, oops). I am debating about trying three different ideas and wondering what others thought?

1. Find SE color code and have them sand blasted and powder coating again. Still want to retain the red SVT.
2. Same as 1 but powder coat them black to match the wheels.
3. Same as 1 but have them Line-x black or SE color if possible. Leaning towards this option to be more durable for future runs.

Has anyone ever Line-x beadlock beauty rings? Anyone know the SE ring color code?

Do you have any deep gouges in the metal or all of the marks only paint deep? If so what is the plan to deal with the gouges? Just curious, cause I need to do something with mine when I put the headlock rings on.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Do you have any deep gouges in the metal or all of the marks only paint deep? If so what is the plan to deal with the gouges? Just curious, cause I need to do something with mine when I put the headlock rings on.

You got a point, yeah deep gouges. I was figuring they won't be so noticeable if painted or line-x. Right now they are because the metal is showing.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would worry about the linex messing flat mounting surface so I would at least tape that back part off. For mine I am not sure you could just paint over them, I will send some pics in a bit. I might be able to sand them down to where they are smoother and less noticeable unless your looking. I just think the price for the beauty ring itself is a bit much. hoping to find a good take off set from someone wanting to change rims.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Here are some pics, two are worse. Plus I already switched out the spare for its ring so my current spare is about as bad.

e2ubatut.jpg
je2ymujy.jpg
7ysanejy.jpg
edy2e4e8.jpg

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its just a rim. but maybe you could have 2 sets. anoter member is selling his se beadlock rims. keep these as your offroad set, and keep the new ones as your street queen set.

ALDABRAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen them powder coated black and they look fantastic. The concept of line-x is also appealing to me, that would be neat!

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you need to have the wheels balanced again after you do this?

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would you need to have the wheels balanced again after you do this?

I usually have mine balanced when I get my alignment checked and tires rotated every 5000 miles or so.

Here are mine after close encounters on several offroad trips. I did not take pics of the 2 spares.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404825937.083643.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404825992.085568.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404826007.820816.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404826021.588303.jpg

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They're just trim rings I wouldn't worry about it. It will most likely happen every time you go hard off road so why fix it? Either buy a set of wheels to beat on and keep a good set or just move on. Waste of money for other solutions IMO. Mine are eaten up too after off roading and crawling BTW.