Recommend me some black lug nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you're referring to me letting you, you are officially granted permission. If you are referring to the installation shop, post pics of the lugs before they install them, then again after the install is done. They can't stop you.

I was referring to the Gorilla letting me take pictures of his nuts. But I appreciate the offer and shall post many pictures of the Gorilla BRAND LUG nuts...

:ROFLJest:

spirit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the SDHQ supplied black spline-type lug nuts and absolutely no issues after 3+ years. I believe they are the Gorilla brand but check with SDHQ to be sure.

07Alloy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Procomp here. I didn't realize I ordered color changing but they were black and now they are orange rust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I too am looking for black lug nuts. I saw the sdhq ones. I need to know if any will work with the stock 12 rims and fuel trophys which I plan to buy this summer.

No sir, unfortunately, the black lug nuts from Gorilla and Pro Comp that everyone is referring to will not work on the stock rims.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Pro Comp black lugs are indeed cheaper than the Gorilla lugs, but you definitely get what you pay for. The Pro Comp (I actually have them on my Pro Comp wheels as we speak) will begin to rust immediately upon installation. I have sold a lot of the Gorilla version of the black lugs and have yet to have a customer complain about them rusting. They are a great option.

On a side note, thank you for the continued opportunity to earn your business!

You know their slogan......." if your gonna get tough nuts, get em from a Gorilla"!!

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have gorillas. Checked today, the have the extended tip. Covered in rust after one winter

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got matching valve caps. You know, you gotta accessorize...

ahyqadyb.jpg

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Be careful with those. They will rust to the stems and possible shear off when you need to fill a tire