Recommend me some black lug nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2004boss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure gorilla makes all of them. I've had them on my mustang for 5 years with no issues... just ordered them for the truck. Black, in both cases

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I'm going Procomp. That's what 4 Wheel parts carried and they're doing the install, so it's just convenient to buy it all from them.

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Scratch that. Chris from Freedom Motorsports got back to me and put in a good word for the Gorilla nuts. (Ok, that just came out wrong).

So he's sending me a set. We'll see how it turns out.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pro Comp black lugs are indeed cheaper than the Gorilla lugs, but you definitely get what you pay for. The Pro Comp (I actually have them on my Pro Comp wheels as we speak) will begin to rust immediately upon installation. I have sold a lot of the Gorilla version of the black lugs and have yet to have a customer complain about them rusting. They are a great option.

On a side note, thank you for the continued opportunity to earn your business!

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree, the procomps will rust after day 1. The gorillas are worth double the $. One way to decipher the two, procomp and other cheap ones have splines that go to the tip of lug, the gorillas have a rounded tip at the end of the lug.

Gorilla-Style
1271792.jpg

Procomp-style
spline-lug-nuts.jpg