Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1]

RBP Wheels & offset question

This is a discussion on RBP Wheels & offset question within the Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Hi, I'm new here. I've read everything I can find on wheel offset and I understand it for the most ...

User Tag List

Sponsored By: Texas Motorworx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2014, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default RBP Wheels & offset question
Hi, I'm new here. I've read everything I can find on wheel offset and I understand it for the most part, but I still have some questions.

I put my stock rims on some new winter tires, so I'm looking for new wheels to put on the stock tires for summer. I really like the RBP 85R Voltage wheels but the highest offset they come in is +10. The people at RBP and some other folks I've talked to say this will be OK. But I'm sure the factory +34 offset is there for a reason. I don't want to wear out components earlier than usual or have any other issues just because I like these wheels. I understand that the backspacing would change to about 5.39" and the tires would stick out about .9" more.

I'm also confused because I went to one of the online places, either Tire Rack or Car id, I can't remember, and looked at wheels that supposedly fit my vehicle. However, some of them have notes that say that this wheel is a aggressive fit that requires lift or fender modifications. A lot of these wheels are positive offset and I can't figure out why some that seem to have the same specs (size, offset, backspacing) as others require this.

This site doesn't have RBP wheels so I can't tell if those fall into that category.

Anybody have any input? I don't want to modify my truck, and don't want to negatively affect handling or wear, so if this offset is a bad idea I will go more towards stock. Thanks!

Elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 09:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I've got +18 with 325/60 20 tires which are bigger than stock and I'm OK with only going to mid perch. If I had the ability to off road I would probably go from mid perch to top perch or put the stock set back on like I do in the winter. To answer your question though I think a lot of vendors cover their ass by putting that note on there if the wheels aren't the same offset as stock.
squeak11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 03:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)

9" at a +10 wont cause any issues unless you plan to run a larger tire. My only concern with RBP is all of their wheels are a minimum of 45lbs
PacificWheel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Elizabeth, I had a set of RBP's on a F350 the fake lugs turned pink because of the stuff they put on the roads in Colorado. The wheel is poorly finished. They did nothing for me when I found them discoloring half way through winter. I don't know where you live but be aware of this. RBP showed me they do not stand behind their product and have no concern of customer satisfaction.

I try and only speak positive of vendors but these guys did me wrong

Last edited by 970Co; 11-30-2014 at 10:02 PM.
970Co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 01:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Yikes. That's too bad. After paying that much, I would expect more. I really like the look of the wheels, but not if they are poor quality and the customer service is bad. Thanks for the information.
Elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote