Are the Raptor's Factory Wheels "Horrible"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm on another forum (general to F150s) and one of the conversations has turned to Raptor wheels. It seems that, universally, folks find the Raptor wheels "horrible", "ugly", "hideous" etc...

I'm usually the first one to swap wheels on a stock vehicle. But the Raptor... I dunno. I haven't even considered it. To me, for "factory wheels" they just 'fit' the truck and its overall look.

What do you think? I realize we all might be biased, but still... are the Raptor's wheels horrible?

ipoodman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally think they look great for the truck. the wheel looks burly enough to handle the great outdoors but looks very streetable at the same time. I do wish they had an all matte black wheel though...

131_0904_08_z+2010_ford_f150_raptor+jump.jpg

Now that is a raptor wheel!

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I personally think they look great for the truck. the wheel looks burly enough to handle the great outdoors but looks very streetable at the same time. I do wish they had an all matte black wheel though...

131_0904_08_z+2010_ford_f150_raptor+jump.jpg

Now that is a raptor wheel!
Its not a very good pic but it looks the like the FRPP Black Raptor wheels which is our spare tire.

AuPanda

Reaction score
I like them but I could see how, taken without the truck, one could call them ugly.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I'be considered it but I can't find anything I like better than the stock rim. I think the one thing that I like moat is the two tone look. Real sweet!! I'm sure something will catch my eye eventually.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Having experienced wheel failure of an aftermarket wheel many years ago, I'm a little leery of changing wheels on anything but a "garage queen".

Before I even think about the look I want to know the load rating and what standards the wheels meet... where the sales guy is usually just interested in if they will fit.

Surprisingly some aftermarket wheels don't meet any standards and don't even have the "required" DOT stamp.

That said, I like the Raptor wheel and if anything, I might buy another stock set someday.

Jake Y.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like 'em! Definitely some of the best-looking stockers i've seen, but, partial to methods myself! Pretty confident in their durability.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Before I even think about the look I want to know the load rating

Whats the load rating for the stock wheels?
Method's load rating is 3400 lbs. at 27.5 per wheel
I believe Walker's are 3800 lbs and Robby Gordon's are 3200 lbs.