Question on fitment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all- I'm not too savvy with tire sizes, rubbing etc so maybe you can help. I have a '14 Screw, with 20" hostage II rims and currently Toyo R/T tires. Tears have been in order to replace as they are suspected to be out of round after numerous balancing. 8 month wait so far. Was told tires are now in waiting for. Need going to replace fronts as well to keep matched but thinking switching to another tire. Tried th grapplers and didn't care for them. AT2 are similar to nitto. Mickey Thomson ptz3 is an option but were loud in my son's jeep. duratracs are not recommended by my dealer. This isnanstreet queen. Will not see off road! I'd love the new KO2 but they don't make a 35x12.50x20. Nearest is 325/60/20 which are a little taller and a little wider. Current tires do not run and have maybe an inch or two of space max clearance.

Anybody have experience with 20" ko2 and whether they would work or not for me? We have no perch adjustment, just factory.

Thanks all.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you considered going to mid perch? You could run the KO2's then with a little rubbing at full turn. You won't lose any handling, and I actually liked the truck at mid perch because it cured some of the nose-dive on hard braking.

If you aren't going to change the wheels, then that's what I would do......

OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not changing wheels and prefer to leave perch where it's at. I've read both positive and negative. Rather keep stock. Just my humble opinion. Lol.

Actually I'm planning on selling this is next few month and ordering a '17 Raptor. But ride is important to me until then. Quite honestly, the R/T's have been a bit like I'm riding over rubble but just like a bit. Not harsh, just not smooth. And yes, have been balanced multiple times using various methods.

Assuming I don't go with KO2, what's next best for ride quality and road driving with an aggressive look?
Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer just confirmed he made an error and is now worries they would rub (ko2). So, either I stick with R/T or go different all together. Do not want mud tires. EXO grappler not for me either. Choices are nitto terra grappler which I didn't care for, Toyo At or at2, duratracs, mickey Thompson ptz3 or new procomp at sport 2. Just released but are 12.8 width. A little too narrow I believe. Probably a great tire though. I'm at a loss here Guys.

D

Deleted member 12951

If you are planning on selling the truck in the next few months, why bother with the tires? The dealer/buyer is going to give you little on the dollar. Just sell the truck as is and let the next worry about it. And who knows, the very first thing the next buyer will do is ditch those wheels and go back to 17's, that's what I would do.

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The biggest issue with ride quality is a 20" rim/tire combo as you've lost a lot of sidewall. Midperch will have less ride quality affect than the 20" tires.

The 325/60 tire will fit if optimized, but that largely depends on rim width and offset. That's the bigger factor. A 325 isn't much wider/taller than most true 35"x12.5" tires, just a bit more meaty. Where we run into issues is with wheel offsets pushing the wheel out further than stock, thus going through a bigger swing arc when turning.