Pro Comp Xtreme MT/2 tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rapford75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pro Comp ???

I did a quick search and came up empty. So is anyone running these Pro Comp 315/70R17 Xtreme MT2 radials. They weigh 64lbs each and are actually 34.7's. My brother has had the AT's on several of his vehicles and loved them. All reviews seem to be good that I have seen. I'm going to mount them on 17x8.5 Fuel Trophy's.

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the Xtreme A/T and love them. Had them on my old truck for over 2 years. Great offroad, quiet on the highway, and come with a 50,000 mile tread life warranty. Only downside with them is the wet weather traction. Dont take a sharp turn fast.

Jpowers076

Reaction score
I had a set of the original MT's on my Jeep JK and wouldn't hesitate to get another set. I got 50k miles out of them and they were excellent off-road. My primary off-road use was in mud at my hunting lease and running over mesquite trees, logs, and up and down the sides of rocky ravines. Road noise wasn't bad at all for a mud tire. They were fine in rain on a jeep but I can't comment on how they'd perform with the power of the raptor. There are times I think I can get out and run faster than my jeep accelerates and that's with the 4.10 gears.

mikehoncho88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thing I don't like about Pro-comp is they aren't much less expensive than all the name brand tires. I have never heard anything bad about them, but if I am going to get an offbrand it needs to be significantly cheaper than the name brand. Just my two cents.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
True. They cost the same as the Goodyear MT/Rs. Been reading a lot of positive reviews though. I'll add mind after I get some miles on them.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
35" Procomp Xtreme MT2

By chance I happened to end up with these tires. Like any impulse purchase, I Googled them while the tech was installing them. Found some "articles" with glowing reviews and a lot of positive comments. Wanted to add mine.

http://www.procompusa.com/pro-comp-xmt2-tires.aspx

http://www.fourwheeler.com/product-reviews/1310-pro-comp-xtreme-mt2-tires/

http://truckingtimes.com/articles/pro-comp-xtreme-mt2-tire-review

I haven't taken them off road, so my comments are only on street performance.

They are a lite louder than the stock BFGs, which is to say not very loud. There is a hum at highway speeds, but very subtle. I am very happy with the street performance of these tires. They seem very grippy and my truck is very responsive to steering wheel input. I mounted these at the same time I did mid perch. So the fact that my truck rides smooth and responsive I think speaks well of them. The tread pattern seems very aggressive. It is after all a mud terrain. But it seems very well behaved on pavement.

I haven't driven them in wet pavement yet buy I'll post back when I do. Some folks talk about Pro Comp being a "no name" tire brand, but that's not what I'm reading in my research. Pro Comp is actually very well regarded. And these tires are very sweet. They are, however, just as expensive as any "name brand" tire, so those looking for cheap tires look elsewhere.

3yre4aga.jpg

Last edited:

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good looking tire. Do u know how much they weigh?

Keep us updated on how u like them after u get some miles on them

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk