Pro Comp tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just putting a feeler out to see if anyone has procomp tires and if so how do you like them compared to other tires you have had.

Dave

davej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually just bought a set and I'm getting them installed Wednesday morning. I'll let u know how they are then. I found them on cl with only 3000 miles on them for $500! These are the pro comp xtreme terrain alterrains. 325/65/18
IMAG0227.jpg

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Which model are you looking at?

I had a set of the original M/Ts. Never again. I rotated them every 5000 miles, like clockwork. I replaced them before they were worn out because I couldn't take the vibration anymore. 25-45 mph was unbearable when I got rid of them.
Terrain Truck Tires, Pro Comp Mud Tires, Mud Terrain Tires, Pro Comp USA Radial Mud Terrain Tires, Pro Comp Tires
=%2fimages%2fproducts%2fPCT%2fradial_mud_terrain_a.jpg

I replaced them with Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs. A MUCH better tire, IMO.

One of my biddies has 35" ProComp Extreme AT on his Jeep and he seems to like them pretty well. Their new Extreme MT looks promising, also. There is a big difference between the new and old tread patterns.

OP
OP
Dkyacht

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't really have a specific model yet, just getting a feel of how people like them. The place I get all my tires does primarily big 4x4 trucks and they swear by them. I was told that if properly rotated 50k miles is not unheard of??

Dave

OP
OP
Dkyacht

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually just bought a set and I'm getting them installed Wednesday morning. I'll let u know how they are then. I found them on cl with only 3000 miles on them for $500! These are the pro comp xtreme terrain alterrains. 325/65/18
IMAG0227.jpg

Sorry but are you installing them on a FX4 or a Raptor? I only ask because of your screen name. I'd be interested how you like them regardless of what you drive.

Dave

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I didn't really have a specific model yet, just getting a feel of how people like them. The place I get all my tires does primarily big 4x4 trucks and they swear by them. I was told that if properly rotated 50k miles is not unheard of??

The only tire in their current line up that I think would make 50k on our trucks would be their original AT tire, which is a milder tread pattern than the stock BFGs, IMO. The X-Terrain (really popular when it came out, rarely seen them anymore) and their new Extreme AT are both directional tires, if that matters to you.

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i had the xtreme all terrains on my old truck and LOVED them. i dint rotate them like i shouldve so i got a little uneven wear but they still took a while to wear. by far the best all terrains ive had in the mud. cant really speak for sand and rock crawling but once my tires wear out on the raptor, i'll definitely be looking for a set of these

Bluoval1118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had the xtreme all terrains on my old truck and LOVED them. i dint rotate them like i shouldve so i got a little uneven wear but they still took a while to wear. by far the best all terrains ive had in the mud. cant really speak for sand and rock crawling but once my tires wear out on the raptor, i'll definitely be looking for a set of these

I have the same tires on my raptor and I love them. The only reason I am going to take them off is because I am getting bigger wheels and they aren't made in the size I want.

raptor_matt

Reaction score
I had the non extreme a/t on my jk. Compared to the bfg's there is no huge difference...ok in sand and horrible in mud but on the street they were smooth and quit.