Powder Coated My Method Roost Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FP Forged

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dare I say, I like just that chrome powder? Cool look then and now too.

Nice @LEEHWCAP! Definitely bold and the gloss adds good dimension and depth to the wheel. I like the new KO2's too. Nice setup man!

Yeah, @Jimbo, the chrome powder would look nice with unpainted fender flares. Both are cool looks. The chrome with a silver truck or white with unpainted flares.

The base coat isn't UV stable so you would need a top coat. I'm sure Vision Clear from Prismatic would do the trick. All these transparent top coats looks awesome paired with a reflective base coat.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah @LEEHWCAP the base coat seems to set the top color off. My ******** didn't even know powdercoating got that involved. I just sprayed mine semi-gloss black and thought I was cool. Haha. Nice job man!

OP
OP
FP Forged

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah @LEEHWCAP the base coat seems to set the top color off. My ******** didn't even know powdercoating got that involved. I just sprayed mine semi-gloss black and thought I was cool. Haha. Nice job man!

Transparent Black over a chrome base coat looks similar to anodized black. Never thought I'd like copper on a truck but transparent copper over chrome looks pretty sick. Saw this chevy at sema

Attachments

• copper.jpg
    copper.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,214

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn @LEEHWCAP, your going to convince me to spend more money! Gets my wheels spinning thinking about possibly re spraying my NV's when I need new tires. Can most/any powdercoaters do the 2 stage and use the right powder or do I need to go to someone who deals with this certain stuff?

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Also, @LEEHWCAP, did you get your Deavers yet? Bringing my truck tomorrow there to get adjusted.

OP
OP
FP Forged

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn @LEEHWCAP, your going to convince me to spend more money! Gets my wheels spinning thinking about possibly re spraying my NV's when I need new tires. Can most/any powdercoaters do the 2 stage and use the right powder or do I need to go to someone who deals with this certain stuff?

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Also, @LEEHWCAP, did you get your Deavers yet? Bringing my truck tomorrow there to get adjusted.

Yeah, just make sure they're familiar with the process. You have to fully bake and cure the base coat prior to applying the top coat. If you don't the base coat can crack when baking top coat. Prismatic makes it very easy for powder coaters with the step by step on their site.

No Deavers yet, everyone says don't do the +1 and says go +2 with a drop shackle but then I think about your situation. So I'm at a loss right now.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah @LEEHWCAP, everyone told me that too about the Deavers. I personally put on and took off the drop shackle probably dozens of times trying to convince myself that the ride wasn't affected and definitely always notice a difference in ride quality.

I'm bringing my truck into Deavers tomorrow to get my springs de-arched down about an inch and a half. I will keep you updated on the results. I do like my Deavers, but honestly, If your not going hardcore offroad, I think I wouldn't rush to get them. If I get the results I'm hoping for tomorrow though, I'll definitely let you know and I think it'd be a good way to do it.

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@LEEHWCAP do you sell wheels? Do you have a powder coating business? I got your pm about the caps and I appreciate it. I will order some as soon as I decide on the wheels I want.

OP
OP
FP Forged

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@LEEHWCAP do you sell wheels? Do you have a powder coating business? I got your pm about the caps and I appreciate it. I will order some as soon as I decide on the wheels I want.

I am in the wholesale wheel business. I don't bring it up often as most of the vendors on here are retailers and I wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes. The cap thing is just a hobby. I'm never satisfied with the crappy caps that come with wheels from the factory so I make my own. And I also happen to have a friend with a few water jet and cnc machines that helps me out with whatever design I'm thinking of. The powder coating guy is just a good acquaintance.

Just shoot me a PM when you've decided on a wheel. If it isn't one I've made caps for I'll gladly help you help you out if it's a wheel we carry.

OP
OP
FP Forged

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New pic added in the original post. You guys think I should take the white "FORD" logo off the grill? Does it look out of place with the new wheels?