Post Your Wheel and Tire Pics !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just rotated my tires in preparation for the SnoBall and noticed my stockers were worn real bad in the center with good tread on the outsides.

I'm running about 44-45 psi in each tire. Why do they wear so bad?

And the kicker is, I only have 32K miles on them. I was hoping for another 10-15k! These tires wear bad. Will not purchase again. Not to mention then suck when you get a little mud in the treads.

Mine are in the same boat. And I've been running at about 36 psi ever since I got it. 35k miles and they are about shot

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no rubbing what so ever just so you know on the factory bead locks. Full crank, backing up full cranked or even turning in driveways at speed. I have even got the truck off the ground and nothing . I did hammer in my pinch welds just to be safe . I will be IN Norco, Like i mention before in July .. I know it far but always cool to meet up and BS

Yeah, for sure. Could compare the look alike trucks...haha. My truck does have the color matched fenders and a different bumper, so at least mine won't be a straight copy of yours. I appreciate the guidance with the 37's and its great to hear that you have no rubbing! Definitely IM me when it's getting close to July and we could meet up at Cowgirl or something.

JDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@JDUB Looks good! How's the rubbing though? Are you on mid perch or top?

Thanks @LekRap !

It has only rubbed once thus far. Came out of a sloped drive way pretty fast while turning right. Rubbed a little on the fender liner. nothing serious. Probably won't even rub once the tires get worn down a little.

The wheels offset are the normal 0 degree and my front shocks are set to mid-perch.

Like previously stated, if your running stock wheels with these 37's you probably won't encounter any rubbing. The stock wheels sit further back into the wheel well where there is more room for suspension articulation.

TexasTexas95

Reaction score
Hey y'all, I just want to say that I'm totally happy with the look of my new set up/ stance and I've had some miles put under the belt of the new set up (3000 miles so far). I know y'all at FRF don't necessarily condone 20" wheels but for the amount of off-roading I do, I like the look of 20's and still know I'd be fine doing some moderate off-roading if I needed to. If I was going more often, I still have a back up set of wheels and tires to tear up when the time comes. I'm having some rubbing issues though, and I can't stand it. Mostly reversing and cutting the wheel too sharp one way or the other. Sometimes it happens going forward and turning close to full lock on an incline as well. A few times it has happened turning full lock going maybe over 10 mph? I'm looking for a bit of advice and I know this thread has a lot of traffic with guys who have had infinite experience with any and all combo of wheel/ tire set up's so I'm reaching out. What can I do to correct or at least minimize this shortfall while retaining the same wheel/tire combo.

Here are the stats:
Mid Perch (yes, I felt a stiffer ride no matter what anyone says)
Fuel Trophy 20x9 with +01 Offset
Tires: Nitto Trail Grappler M/T 35x12.50x20
705533E8-FCD4-495F-AA0D-B84E3A391FA7_zpsbjuhk1ly.jpg

And so y'all don't think I'm just trying to keep a street queen, my job requires going offroad all the time. Nothing major but I use it as prescribed

985A6279-35CA-4E3E-A144-495F52D7B5A7_zpsdkuzwmnd.jpg

Any help would be appreciated. I prefer not to have to get the fiberwerx fenders if I can help it since I just painted these fenders but I'm not opposed to doing the pinch weld mod if y'all think it would be a pretty confident fix. Any other ideas?

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive personally never dealt with any rubbing issues. but id say first off make sure your flare and liner are where they are supposed to be and havent come loose in any way. does it rub on driver and passenger side? if everthing is tightly in place then i would start trimming a little off of that flare. im assuming thats what is making contact with the tire. anyways see whats rubbing and trim a little off. id prefer to keep my stock fenders too. if it was me, id do the trimming on the bottom of the flare and probably go ahead and do the pinch weld for peace of mind.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is a pic of the flare part i would trim. may give you an idea

Attachments

• raptor fender.jpg
    raptor fender.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 215

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey y'all, I just want to say that I'm totally happy with the look of my new set up/ stance and I've had some miles put under the belt of the new set up (3000 miles so far). I know y'all at FRF don't necessarily condone 20" wheels but for the amount of off-roading I do, I like the look of 20's and still know I'd be fine doing some moderate off-roading if I needed to. If I was going more often, I still have a back up set of wheels and tires to tear up when the time comes. I'm having some rubbing issues though, and I can't stand it. Mostly reversing and cutting the wheel too sharp one way or the other. Sometimes it happens going forward and turning close to full lock on an incline as well. A few times it has happened turning full lock going maybe over 10 mph? I'm looking for a bit of advice and I know this thread has a lot of traffic with guys who have had infinite experience with any and all combo of wheel/ tire set up's so I'm reaching out. What can I do to correct or at least minimize this shortfall while retaining the same wheel/tire combo.

Here are the stats:
Mid Perch (yes, I felt a stiffer ride no matter what anyone says)
Fuel Trophy 20x9 with +01 Offset
Tires: Nitto Trail Grappler M/T 35x12.50x20
705533E8-FCD4-495F-AA0D-B84E3A391FA7_zpsbjuhk1ly.jpg

And so y'all don't think I'm just trying to keep a street queen, my job requires going offroad all the time. Nothing major but I use it as prescribed

985A6279-35CA-4E3E-A144-495F52D7B5A7_zpsdkuzwmnd.jpg

Any help would be appreciated. I prefer not to have to get the fiberwerx fenders if I can help it since I just painted these fenders but I'm not opposed to doing the pinch weld mod if y'all think it would be a pretty confident fix. Any other ideas?

Is your truck on mid perch? From the photo, it looks like you're on bottom perch, but it could just be the angle.

What offset are your wheels?

TexasTexas95

Reaction score
@ Nick@Apollo-Optics. Yes sir, I'm definitely mid Perch because I did it in the driveway and had hell compressing the spring. I ended up doing it twice because for some reason when I set my truck back down on the shock it didn't line up right and I didn't notice till I was nearly done with the second. Somehow the coil rotated a little. Come to think of it, I wonder if hitting a couple whoops might have self corrected it??? ADD rant over....
I'll check and make sure everything is secured well and not loose and to answer the question, yes I hear it rubbing on both sides. On the driver side I believe I'm touching the fender side closer to the center of the truck and on the passenger side I can see where it's rubbed a wear spot into the paint on a small part of the fender flares I had painted white. I'm in the town I had them painted in this month so if I correct the issue, I'll have my guy here just re do the paint on the fender. Unless someone wants to trade me a set of the Fiberwerx or similar flares for my current ones, I'd do that :)
Regardless, I think I'll do pinch weld mod because initially when I had my guy paint these fender flares. I needed it done by the next day so I had them painted while still on the truck instead of the correct way which is to take them off and paint them. There is this tiny line I can see in spots where the paint guy didn't get close enough.

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37" Toyo's on 20" Fuel Hostage slightly modified. Had the wheels but just put the tires on yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_3513.JPG
    IMG_3513.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_3514.JPG
    IMG_3514.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 236