Post Your Wheel and Tire Pics !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Palerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was running 37x13.5 Toyo MT's on 0 offset Methods. Had to hammer in the pinch welds on two separate occasions before there was enough room to turn the wheel without rubbing... and still, tires would rub on occasion. Didn't work for me so I am now running the 37x12.5 KO2s and they are perfect! No issues!

Only recommendation I would make is to stay away from a 13.5'' wide tire (Toyo's are more like 14.5"). And if you want to run a true 37'' then lean towards Boatecs or Glassworks fenders. I just like the look of the Fiberwerx fenders more than the others.
*****. I just placed my order on a set of 37x13.5 Cooper STT Pros.... I have Fiberwerx fenders that have yet to be installed and I'm sitting on mid perch. Looks like I'll need to do some trimming :|

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Palerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1443768024952.jpguploadfromtaptalk1443768055362.jpg

37x13.5x17 Cooper Discoverer STT Pros on Method NVs

Never thought that I'd like the look of wheels and tires so much. Mostly because I'd never seen 37s in person. All I can say is Dayummm! I've got a lot of trimming to do and will probably have to ditch the mud flaps but I don't care. I'm in love. Now I need to find a reputable shop in Alabama to install and paint my fenders. I'm also in the group buy for the Geisser Bros springs. Should I wait for those or upgrade to 3.0s?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 68826View attachment 68827

Never thought that I'd like the look of wheels and tires so much. Mostly because I'd never seen 37s in person. All I can say is Dayummm! I've got a lot of trimming to do and will probably have to ditch the mud flaps but I don't care. I'm in love. Now I need to find a reputable shop in Alabama to install and paint my fenders. I'm also in the group buy for the Geisser Bros springs. Should I wait for those or upgrade to 3.0s?

I just recently went to 37's as well. I agree that seeing 37's in person on a raptor is something else entirely. When you see it in person, just looks right and way more agressive!

As far as Gieser Bros VS 3.0's...it depends on what you want to get out of them and how much you want to spend. 3.0's are bad ass and if you are planning on some serious off-roading, I'd say that what you want. But they are expensive and from what I've heard, aren't the smoothest for on-road comfort. I actually have the Gieser Bros springs and love the on-road comfort and love the fact that they cost about 1/5th of the price of 3.0's (of course you get lots more with 3.0's).

I do mild to moderate off-roading and have been very happy with the Gieser bros. If I were to be jumping the truck, etc, I would get 3.0's. Hope that helps some!

Oh, BTW...I hammered the pinch welds for the fitment of the 37's and it made a world of difference, I highly recommend it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 245

Crikk

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I just recently went to 37's as well. I agree that seeing 37's in person on a raptor is something else entirely. When you see it in person, just looks right and way more agressive!

As far as Gieser Bros VS 3.0's...it depends on what you want to get out of them and how much you want to spend. 3.0's are bad ass and if you are planning on some serious off-roading, I'd say that what you want. But they are expensive and from what I've heard, aren't the smoothest for on-road comfort. I actually have the Gieser Bros springs and love the on-road comfort and love the fact that they cost about 1/5th of the price of 3.0's (of course you get lots more with 3.0's).

I do mild to moderate off-roading and have been very happy with the Gieser bros. If I were to be jumping the truck, etc, I would get 3.0's. Hope that helps some!

Oh, BTW...I hammered the pinch welds for the fitment of the 37's and it made a world of difference, I highly recommend it!

Are you on mid perch? Do the springs raise the front at all?

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

View attachment 68826View attachment 68827

How is the noise with those coopers? Did you come from stock tires.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Crikk The way that Gieser Bros springs work, bottom perch on them is mid perch height and mid perch is like normal top perch. For now, I am on bottom perch on these...so mid perch height. I love the ride and don't necessarily want to go to mid with these. If I'm rubbing when I go Offroad, I might have to though

Palerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is the noise with those coopers? Did you come from stock tires.

I did come from stock tires. For a mud terrain they aren't that bad as far as road noise goes. There is a noticeable difference but it's nothing unbearable. I'll be making a 900 mile road trip pretty soon so I'll be able to pass better judgment afterwards.

I'm the type of guy that would rather be safe than sorry and if I know me very well I know I'll end up jumping it at some point sooner or later. So 3.0s it is! Thanks for the info. I've definitely gotta get the trimming done and pinch welds hammered. Might as well get rid of these mud flaps while I'm at it. They're pretty pointless now.

Last edited:

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm the type of guy that would rather be safe than sorry and if I know me very well I know I'll end up jumping it at some point sooner or later. So 3.0s it is! Thanks for the info. I've definitely gotta get the trimming done and pinch welds hammered. Might as well get rid of these mud flaps while I'm at it. They're pretty pointless now.

Yeah man, if you can afford them, go for it! Can't see regretting it. One day for me...one day!

Crikk

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
@Crikk The way that Gieser Bros springs work, bottom perch on them is mid perch height and mid perch is like normal top perch. For now, I am on bottom perch on these...so mid perch height. I love the ride and don't necessarily want to go to mid with these. If I'm rubbing when I go Offroad, I might have to though

So if I ad the spring to my truck on mid perch, does it still ad the stress on my front end that running top perch would?

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if I ad the spring to my truck on mid perch, does it still ad the stress on my front end that running top perch would?

That is a good question. It has been discussed in the thread about the Gieser Bros springs. There are guys who have had them at mid perch (top perch equivalent height) for lots of miles and claim no issues at all. I would imagine that it would depend on how hard you are on your truck. I think that's a slight bit risky, but I've heard positive things.

One good thing that I've heard is that the Gieser Bros spring at mid still ride very nicely (much better than stock top perch).