Possible alternative to fit 37" tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Be careful with the 36.5x13.5's. It's not just the height but the width as well. I ran the 36" BFG's with the procomp 7036's and while they didn't rub on the street they would hit the outer lip of the fender which forced them up into the A pillars when the front suspension was compressed. As a result, the passenger side fender cracked. They may be fine on a stock wheel. the procomps were a 9 inches wide with a -6mm offset. Running a wheel with a more positive offset MAY remedy the problem.

Simply put, the tire needs to be able to tuck under the fender lip if you plan on offroading or catching air. I did not have any problems with the pinch weld though.

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had any issues yet, though (admittedly) I've never gone airborne with mine yet.

I'm also at +1 on the offset and the Toyo's, at 35.7", might be a tad smaller than the bfg's. (Don't know the exact specs of those so I can't say for sure)

Either way, I've hit some pretty good whoops and holes at speed with my setup and haven't seen any evidence of rubbing or touching at all, yet.

GatorJake... Damn nice looking truck! So glad that color wasn't an option in 2013. I'd still be trying to decide which color to get!!! =D

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got my YOKO Geolandar 37's on my 13 with icons and haven't touched the pinch weld, jumped numerous times and haven't take a loss yet, still plan on doing it, just lazy.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How tall are they? You said 37, but height sometimes varies. Also, how wide and what offset are you running?

Last edited:

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How tall are they? You said 37, but height sometimes varies. Also, how wide and what offset are you running?

I wanna say the geolandars are just about spot on true 37's, i think 36.9 or so, 12.5 wide, and on raptor offset method 105s.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I wanna say the geolandars are just about spot on true 37's, i think 36.9 or so, 12.5 wide, and on raptor offset method 105s.

37X12.50R17 124R the true overall height is 36.5 inches on the geolanders. ive heard some good things about these tires!

Pat
RPG tech/sales

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Thanks! This just boggles my mind. I read your post about jumping and not hitting the pinch weld or rubbing, yet so many other posts about having to hammer the welds, cut the fender flares, even get new fenders with your same setup. It's crazy!