Possible alternative to fit 37" tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gatorjake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size is that?

BFG KM2 36x13.5x18. I looked at these as well. Went with the toyos as I prefer the look/sidewall of the toyos. Plus the bfg's are measured to be 35.5" diameter and the toyos are 35.7". Oh yeah, the bfgs are around $500/tire compared to $400 for toyo.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out the toyo mt in 315/70/18. Requires running an 18" wheel (I went with method nv which is +18mm offset). But the tire measures out just shy of 36". A perfect compromise between stock size and eliminating the mods to make 37's fit.

Do you have any pics. I want to see this setup.

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any pics. I want to see this setup.

I've got them on a Fuel Octane rim at +1mm offset... They look mean as hell!!!

image.jpg

Had to get rid of the front mud flaps and I get very minor rubbing on the front driver side during a fairly tight left turn (more so in reverse). Other than that, no trouble and they have awesome traction!

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
baja,
I am in the same situation. It is gonna be painful to beat and cut a 50k truck i may have to stick with 35's but the 37s look so good. I wish that the boat tec fenders would eliminate the need for the cutting and welding but it doesn't.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Subbed. I want bigger tires also but no welding, cutting, or new fenders for me. I'd rather buy 18" wheels and 36" Toyos. Those pics look good!

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

I've got them on a Fuel Octane rim at +1mm offset... They look mean as hell!!!

View attachment 49371

Had to get rid of the front mud flaps and I get very minor rubbing on the front driver side during a fairly tight left turn (more so in reverse). Other than that, no trouble and they have awesome traction!

More pics please! Those look awesome! How far do they stick out?

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha. Thanks!

I don't have any good straight on shots to show how wide they are. (I'll be tweaking and cleaning today, so I'll try to get some) I'd say they stick out about an inch or so... give or take.

These are a great middle ground between 37's and stock. Spec wise they are only a little over an inch taller than the stock BFG's, but they make them look absolutely puny...
You wouldn't think they'd be that different, but...
i07701.jpg

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow. They look HUGE! I like them a LOT!!!!

So you are saying you can install those and not have to cut or pinch or weld or do whatever, and they will fit? If so, I think I just found my new rims/tires. Now all I need is some coin...