POLL: help me decide my next tire size

What size tires should I get!?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's not a bad rub at all, but add 17mm and it my turn brutal

I'm thinking a little torching of the plastic to soften, then depressing with pressure for clearance would fix?

Haha. Going with Fiberwerx 2.5" ( I believe) fenders that retain the stock fender liner. Didn't want to cut into it hahaa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

As the old diesel forums say....If you ain't rubbin, you ain't thuggin.

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

Sharp Terrain. Can't wait to see with the fenders on. how much wider does it make the truck?

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 AM ----------

Sharp Terrain though! How much wider to do the fiberwerx make the truck?

I believe they are 2.5". Just received them last night and due to the rain, didn't bust into them just yet.

QTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome. can't wait to see how they look. Are you rolling 37s?

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yes currently rolling on 37s. No off roading so I'm good. Hard getting out of the parking spaces at the mall due to rubbing.

CMSearle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the 37x13.5x18 Coopers being a hair under 37 (36.8?) and only 14.2 as opposed to the 17" Toyo 37's being 14.6" wide and a true 37, do you think I could get away with no rubbing at a +18 offset at mid perch? I have a 2011 Scab so I could to top perch also if necessary.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well... Yes I think so.. With some modifications... There's a plate behind the wheel well towards the door that you will need to make relief cuts and .. Bend back Lol.

42f04da2e4b0c3ff7f5067d1d8fe8bac.jpg

This is on the passenger side, facing the cab.you can see the piece he's cutting.

OP
OP
prowakeskater

prowakeskater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went with nittos. The 18"ers are just barely larger than the 17's overall, so they should fill everything up nicely with the +1mm wheels I got

Tirecrazy is having a free shipping sale, and I've been reading more and more about the new Toyo compound sucking ass

CMS- try those 37" coopers out and let us know! Top perch will definitely work with that pinch weld mod, but try to make it work with mid perch first and get back to us. That will likely be my next tire

CMSearle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CMS- try those 37" coopers out and let us know! Top perch will definitely work with that pinch weld mod, but try to make it work with mid perch first and get back to us. That will likely be my next tire

Hah, I'm just not sure if I want to be the guinea pig. I cannot make up my freaking mind. It snowed here today so I'm back to leaning with the safe bet in Duratracs but the Toyo 315/70R18's MT's are probably still my top choice. Like you, my only worry is on-road manners in rain/snow and not getting the same crazy mileage of older compounds.

I'd just prefer to run the biggest tire possible without cutting on my sweet girl.