Please help me decide, cuz I can't

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FITZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about to get new tires, but can't decide. Here's the short list, Mickey Thompson Baja mt's or Baja atzp3, toyo mt's, or bf mud terrain t/a km2's. Let me know your real world pro's and con's. Yes I have researched this to death and everytime I get ready to pull the trigger I change my mind lol. Thanks.

OP
OP
F

FITZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok Kinda leaning towards the Mickey Thompson Baja mtz's, anyone running these? Any pro's or con's?

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
I like the toyos and the bfgs. Not sure if I will go to a m/t for next tire for the raptor myself tho.

I am I bit biased on bfg mt, I've ran them on so many other vehicles. Solid performing. I can't comment presonally on the toyo, but they look to be great. Lot of people run them here.

13raptorcrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I bought the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs. Cant comment on the ones you are looking at as I had the stock BFG's before these.

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of those I would choose the Toyo MTs. They will ride the smoothest, balance the easiest, and last the longest with regular rotation. I know guys who have put 70-80000 miles on these (on Jeep JKs weighing about 6800 lbs loaded with aftermarket gear) and that includes many offroad and Rock crawling trips.

Scrap man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will tell you that the toyo's are a great tire and look really good and I love to look at them on other peoples trucks and say wow those are awesome looking tires but they are the heaviest out of the ones you are looking at and if you had a super duty I would say buy them but you have a 6.2 gas job that does not have all the torque in the world like the diesel boys have. Why do you need a e rated. 10 ply side wall on a light truck you are never going to haul heavy loads and I can't believe you are worried about cutting side walls because whatever you buy that can happen the toyo isn't going to stop that. Go with a good tire that isn't going to kill the power and handling witch is the lighter option