Plastidipped my wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rapford75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive done a few things in plasti-dip and prep is just a very good cleaning. No alcohol or any other craziness is needed. I did the reflectors on my mirrors today in plasti-dip. Have played around with a few other things and just peeled it off. I am going to get another rear emblem and plasti-dip it and see how I like it. I have some other thoughts of items to do and I'll post pics if I do them.

Purchased at Home Depot for 5.98/can and everything I have read says 2 cans will do all four wheels.

Banned
Reaction score
Lemme know how you like that emblem done, my rangers rear emblem has blotches, I gotta do something with it.

OP
OP
Tejas

Tejas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Rapford75 said, I bought it at Lowes for $6 a can.

For prep I washed the wheels with soap and water, dried them off, cleaned the surface with 70% rubbing alcohol and then went to town.

What I like the most about this is that it's 100% reversible if you ever want to take it back to stock. It's easily retouched with a spare can as well.

I spent a whopping $14 with the painters tape, I can't really see a downside to the project at that cost.

Thanks for the comments guys, glad y'all enjoy it.

Tejas