Plastidipped my wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tejas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after searching for weeks for the wheels I want and continuously running into dead ends due to back orders I decided to take matters into my own hands. I didn't have much going on this past weekend so I put the Raptor up on blocks and got to work taping things up.

51ed4210.jpg

I ended up using half a can of Plastidip per wheel, I am not sure if it will be enough but only time and torture will tell. I plan to come back and asses the durability of the finish after the Texas Raptor Run in a month which should put them through their paces.

d2de188c.jpg

Here is the final outcome, I think it improved the look of the stock wheels and the overall look of the truck quite well and it should keep me happy until I get new wheels and tires in the coming months. What do you guys think?

5f37921e.jpg
98c91996.jpg

Tejas

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Well they look good on the truck. Just one question. Why the HELL didn't you paint the damn rust on your rotors while you had the wheels off? HAHahaaaaaa. I have that same rust ring and I am to damn lazy to pull the wheels and paint it. It took me 2 years to get around to it on the Vett.

BDRAG

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like it, but I've noticed that on the 2012 wheels it's not just regular black color. It seems like it's tuxedo black. I wish plastidip could color match

Banned
Reaction score
Looks awesome on that blue!!
I just can't get enough of blue flame.
I should paint my Ranger blue flame....

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking about that stuff this weekend!
Like you I can't find a wheel I like better than the stockers.
Where did you wind up getting the Plast-dip?

Banned
Reaction score
How did you prep the wheels and apply the Plast-dip?

From videos I've seen on YouTube just make sure they're clean and free if dust and debris. And spray on in light strokes. 3-5 layers.

But that's just videos I've seen on YouTube.