Pics of Method Double Standards w/ 35X12.5X17 Toyo MTs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zebt66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much does that set up stick out past the fender? I am about to order Method NV with same tire size as yours but can't figure out the offset! I want it to be flush but not sticking out past the fender...as while doing high speed runs off roading i don't want it to take my fender out on the jump!

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Toyo 35 MTs not only look bigger but they are bigger than other 35s...I've put them side by side with others and they are taller. I think they look right for the height of a Raptor and will still stuff up high in the wells when out wheeling. The Methods are 0mm offset so the wider stance changes the look as well.

I am very interested to see pics of them from the front showing the alignment of the side of the tire and the fender flare.

How much does that set up stick out past the fender? I am about to order Method NV with same tire size as yours but can't figure out the offset! I want it to be flush but not sticking out past the fender...as while doing high speed runs off roading i don't want it to take my fender out on the jump!

I don't think you will have an issue with the jumps at all Zeb. What you CAN do is get the 18's instead of the 17's so that you aren't going to big with the 18 and can have a choice of a different offset to help tuck them in a little. It would need much so you could get a very similar look and stance without having them stick out quite as far.

OP
OP
PCDan

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Notice any difference in MPG's with the heavy Toyos?

I changed out the tires and wheels the day after I took the truck home so I don't know what effect the Toyos have on MPG. I'm sure you lose a little compared to the lighter BFGs but I doubt any of us bought this truck with a V8 for its gas mileage.

OP
OP
PCDan

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Zeb, First off the setup I have is pretty much flush with the outside edge of the top of the fender flare, maybe a little out in the back. The 0 offset 17X8.5 wheel is 1.3 inches further out than the stock wheel (stock = +34mm offset). I had the same concerns before I even had my truck so I couldn't look under the wheel wells. You have a truck so you can see that the flat underside of the flare is over 2 inches wide. In the front there may be an additional 1" of room for travel inside of the inside flare edge, but in the rear I don't think there is any additional travel inboard of the flare edge/height.

I assume with the stock wheel being 1.3 inches further IN, with the slightly narrower stock tire, with the wheels pointed straight ahead, may allow the stock front wheel/tire to clear that inside edge of the front flare when bottomed out and gain an inch of travel. (if the shock even allows travel that far up)- - Stock shocks setting is at the LOWEST front perch, so bump your truck up to the middle perch and you get that inch of travel back.

I asked around in here a lot about rubbing with the tire/wheel/perch setup I have and many said they have had no rubbing issues. I've only had my truck a week and haven't had it out to the desert yet to confirm, but my tape measure says I shouldn't really have any issues different from the stock wheel and tire dimensions. But like the above post by Freedom said, you can always go with the 18" wheel and pull it in with +18mm of offset. I was tempted to go with the 18" wheel with +18 offset, but 18mm offset isnt even an inch, and since the flare lip is 2" wide I didn't think that would change any possible rubbing issues.

I will post some pictures of the stance and clearance. Hope that helps a little.

Last edited:

zebt66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zeb, First off the setup I have is pretty much flush with the outside edge of the top of the fender flare, maybe a little out in the back. The 0 offset 17X8.5 wheel is 1.3 inches further out than the stock wheel (stock = +34mm offset). I had the same concerns before I even had my truck so I couldn't look under the wheel wells. You have a truck so you can see that the flat underside of the flare is over 2 inches wide. In the front there may be an additional 1" of room for travel inside of the inside flare edge, but in the rear I don't think there is any additional travel inboard of the flare edge/height.

I assume with the stock wheel being 1.3 inches further IN, with the slightly narrower stock tire, with the wheels pointed straight ahead, may allow the stock front wheel/tire to clear that inside edge of the front flare when bottomed out and gain an inch of travel. (if the shock even allows travel that far up)- - Stock shocks setting is at the LOWEST front perch, so bump your truck up to the middle perch and you get that inch of travel back.

I asked around in here a lot about rubbing with the tire/wheel/perch setup I have and many said they have had no rubbing issues. I've only had my truck a week and haven't had it out to the desert yet to confirm, but my tape measure says I shouldn't really have any issues different from the stock wheel and tire dimensions. But like the above post by Freedom said, you can always go with the 18" wheel and pull it in with +18mm of offset. I was tempted to go with the 18" wheel with +18 offset, but 18mm offset isnt even an inch, and since the flare lip is 2" wide I didn't think that would change any possible rubbing issues.

I will post some pictures of the stance and clearance. Hope that helps a little.

Thank you, I really appreciate all the Info. I am going with the same setup.

OP
OP
PCDan

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here ya go - I would say the flat top of the tire is inside of the flare but the sidewall bulge of the Toyos may be further out .. its close.

Attachments

• rap3.jpg
    rap3.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 123
  • rap4.jpg
    rap4.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 191
  • rap1.jpg
    rap1.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 107
  • rap2.jpg
    rap2.jpg