Painting Svt Bead Lock Beauty Ring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jay_777

Reaction score
I have a few questions to ask.
I'm going to paint my beauty ring on my bead lock wheels. I was wanting to know do i have to take the whole tire off the truck to take the rings off? Or can i just take the beauty ring off the rim while the wheels or still on the truck? I'm a noob when it comes to painting. How should i prep the rings to be painted? Should i just clean it really good then spray primer on it then paint it? Or do i need to sand it down first? I bought thisFord Spray Paint Blue Flame Metallic Sz | eBay kit off ebay that comes with the paint and clear coat. Thanks in advance.

SVT_Aaron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a few questions to ask.
I'm going to paint my beauty ring on my bead lock wheels. I was wanting to know do i have to take the whole tire off the truck to take the rings off? Or can i just take the beauty ring off the rim while the wheels or still on the truck? I'm a noob when it comes to painting. How should i prep the rings to be painted? Should i just clean it really good then spray primer on it then paint it? Or do i need to sand it down first? I bought thisFord Spray Paint Blue Flame Metallic Sz | eBay kit off ebay that comes with the paint and clear coat. Thanks in advance.

You can take off the beauty ring while it sits on the truck. I have done it a good amount of times. and it depends on how you are going to paint the rings, I for example took the rings off had them sand blasted then powder coated to the color of choice (gold) then had a clear coat on top of it as well. i will post picture of end result.

D

Deleted member 12951

Yes you can take off the ring while on the truck.

I am actually having mine powder coated satin black and the SVT painted in Ruby Red

OP
OP
J

jay_777

Reaction score
You can take off the beauty ring while it sits on the truck. I have done it a good amount of times. and it depends on how you are going to paint the rings, I for example took the rings off had them sand blasted then powder coated to the color of choice (gold) then had a clear coat on top of it as well. i will post picture of end result.

Thanks for your response, Did you use a power tool taking them off? I thought of powder coating them as well. But then i seen this kit so i decided i could save a few $ doing it myself, and get that same beautiful blue flame color to match my truck. I'm just wondering how i should prep them before i paint em. Nice truck in your avatar, love the color :peace:

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Here is a pic of the end result on the beauty rings.

That looks real good.
What was the cost if you dont mind me asking?

D

Deleted member 12951

I would not use a power tool but that is me. Might strip the socket since they seem to be soft and chances of cross threading

They torque to 47.9 lbs.
And if you want to be exact, using a star pattern like you do on lug nuts
Torque to 11lbs
Torque to 25.8lbs
Torque to 47.9lbs

Cost to powder coat was $20 a ring, if it was just that with no painting the SVT, $15

SVT_Aaron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your response, Did you use a power tool taking them off? I thought of powder coating them as well. But then i seen this kit so i decided i could save a few $ doing it myself, and get that same beautiful blue flame color to match my truck. I'm just wondering how i should prep them before i paint em. Nice truck in your avatar, love the color :peace:

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

That looks real good.
What was the cost if you dont mind me asking?

a buddy of mine did them for me and what he used was a sand blaster and then also used Acetone as well to make sure it was totally clean. No power tools were used just a socket set, then torqued down when put back on. and truck i posted with svc on the side is the same truck in the avi lol i just added the svc offroad to it and had the rings powder coated. price was a very low price due to the fact that my buddy does it. it all just depends on your local powder coating place and thier pricing.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like Rick said. Don't use a power tool. They could easily be stripped. Use a 3/8" breaker bar and proper torx bit. The bolts are held in place with loctite.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

OP
OP
J

jay_777

Reaction score
I would not use a power tool but that is me. Might strip the socket since they seem to be soft and chances of cross threading

They torque to 47.9 lbs.
And if you want to be exact, using a star pattern like you do on lug nuts
Torque to 11lbs
Torque to 25.8lbs
Torque to 47.9lbs

Cost to powder coat was $20 a ring, if it was just that with no painting the SVT, $15

I have that pattern, so ill just use a ratchet wrench then. Probably going to take some time taking them off.
That's not a bad price. I should off called around first and got prices to powder coat. I called to get a price from a local paint shop to paint them the blue flame color and they wanted $300. So when i seen that kit for only $45 that pretty much made my decision.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

a buddy of mine did them for me and what he used was a sand blaster and then also used Acetone as well to make sure it was totally clean. No power tools were used just a socket set, then torqued down when put back on. and truck i posted with svc on the side is the same truck in the avi lol i just added the svc offroad to it and had the rings powder coated. price was a very low price due to the fact that my buddy does it. it all just depends on your local powder coating place and thier pricing.

Ok thanks, I'll probably just use acetone then to clean them real nice. Then sand them i guess before paint or does it matter? I wish i had a buddy that did paint and body. :mad: