Paint color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnday

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to score some '13 machined Raptor wheels a few months ago for my '12 XLT. I think they really set my truck off.
I have one spot on the painted section where I have a small stone chip. I'd like to repair that. Does anyone know the color code and name of the paint? I'm thinking Tuxedo black, but it almost appears to be a sort of grey shade.

Attachments

• P1010709.JPG
    P1010709.JPG
    251.6 KB · Views: 91
  • P1010690.JPG
    P1010690.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 105
  • P1010688.JPG
    P1010688.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

Wrecker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, they actually have some metallic in them, that's why I thought Tuxedo black.Thanks for the reply.

Ok, it's been a few years since I've had a set of stock wheels around. Wouldn't hurt to pick up a touch up pen for tuxedo black from your dealer and give it a shot then.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya, I'll run that by them the next time I'm there. Never thought of asking them, oh ***** me! LOL

FYI - a lot of auto parts stores have touch-up paint that matches pretty well. Probably be half the price of the stealership. Be worth testing something cheaper......

Wrecker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys agree it's Tuxedo black?

They're cheap especially if you buy them from and auto parts store vs dealer, I'd just buy a couple black metallic ones and see which one matches best. Test them out on a soda can or something so you'll get similar aluminum base metal to paint on to give you the best comparison of what it'll look like on the wheel.