Options for Center Cap for Method wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes actually. They 1.38" tall opposed to 2" you see everyone running. They only have them in chrome. I'm gonna try a set when my wheels get back from the powder coater to see if the depth is deep enough to clear the length of the stud. Worse case scenario I may have to trim the very tip of the stud off where this no threads. We'll see though. I should know next week.

Email me info....I'm interested. [email protected]

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any progress or more info on finding shorter black lugs?

I ordered a dozen different lug style and lengths from summit last summer to figure this out. I do have a 14x2 closed end lug that was the right length with a method wheel, protruded only slightly. Sadly only found them in the thicker 5 point, not a thinner security style spline. Even if I had a socket thin enough to make them work, black was not an option.

Beers on me to someone who can source these though ;)

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any progress or more info on finding shorter black lugs?

I ordered a dozen different lug style and lengths from summit last summer to figure this out. I do have a 14x2 closed end lug that was the right length with a method wheel, protruded only slightly. Sadly only found them in the thicker 5 point, not a thinner security style spline. Even if I had a socket thin enough to make them work, black was not an option.

Beers on me to someone who can source these though ;)

I've checked with all my suppliers and no splines in any finish. Only the standard hex lugs like the ones below(probably the same as what you already found). I could have them powder coated though. 1.4" vs 2"

34opjev.jpg

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gotta do some research!

I love my short lugs.

F0832DE0-5BD5-47A2-AE13-E04AE21FDFFF.jpg

I know we were looking into shorter lugs earlier but have you ever thought about bolt/nut covers for your open end lugs? Might look good... I have my chrome 1.4" closed lugs but I think I may go this route to achieve what should be an even shorter overall setup.

3/4"
Parking Lots | Protectors-Bollards, Safety Guards | Platic Bolt Caps For Bollards, 3/4" Size, 25 pcs/bag | 436631 - GlobalIndustrial.com

13/16"
Lug Nut Cover - Plastic | 16-46 | Nuera Trailer Parts

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know we were looking into shorter lugs earlier but have you ever thought about bolt/nut covers for your open end lugs? Might look good... I have my chrome 1.4" closed lugs but I think I may go this route to achieve what should be an even shorter overall setup.

3/4"
Parking Lots | Protectors-Bollards, Safety Guards | Platic Bolt Caps For Bollards, 3/4" Size, 25 pcs/bag | 436631 - GlobalIndustrial.com

13/16"
Lug Nut Cover - Plastic | 16-46 | Nuera Trailer Parts

i bought the ones you told me about. haven't had a chance to try them on yet. if they work, i will get them coated!

not too concerned about the spline ones......insurance will cover any retards envy of my wheels. and if insurance replaces stock wheel at ford prices i can buy 2 sets of aftermarket wheels and tires!

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i bought the ones you told me about. haven't had a chance to try them on yet. if they work, i will get them coated!

not too concerned about the spline ones......insurance will cover any retards envy of my wheels. and if insurance replaces stock wheel at ford prices i can buy 2 sets of aftermarket wheels and tires!

you should be good, they fit with my fuel's and my racelines