(the One and Only) Tire size.. (thread)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramrodthrusterpuppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity for the future seeing I want to go to a slightly bigger tire and probably ditch the BF Goodrichs, the factory SVT beadlock capable rims, anyone know what max size is on mid perch?

I'm running 37/12.50/17 BFG ATs on the SVT Beadlock wheels with mid-perch for my Winter tire set up. No rubbing....plenty of room through the turning radius. I've also done some mild wheeling (trails at speed, low speed wheeling, no big jumps) again, I've not had tire contact.
IMO, the key to making 37s fit with minimal modifications is wheel offset. The more that the wheel is pushed out from the hub (negative offset), the more likely that the tire will rub/make contact with the fender well, fender or fender flare.
Stick with OEM (+34) offset and an "undersized 37" tire (BFG ATs are actually 36.3" tall) and you should be fine unless you really articulate the suspension offroad. Also, any other tire that has a more aggressive tread and/or is closer to the actual 37" size (Toyo MT comes to mind as I think those are actually 37" tall), you will need further mods (i.e.: removal of wheel well liners, grinding/hammering of pinch wells or 'glass fenders).

To me, the 37/12.50/17 BFG AT and SVT beadlock combo looks great. I would like a bit more offset to widen the stance a touch with these wheels and could probably run ~1/2" spacers if I wanted to accomplish that. And yes, 1/2" spacers would be fine and not cause any issues.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Could I get away with just the mid perch and not hammer any of the pinch welds? What could I do to bring the rear up the same amount as the mid perch brings up the front and not adversely affect the ride quality? I do tow a boat often and want to keep the stock stance bit really love the way 37s look.

QUOTE=NickPic83;572617]I wouldn't chance doing 37's and no perch mod even tho u will be mostly on the street. All it takes is going Offroad once and u may destroy the tire and fenderwells and possibly the fender. If u went with a small 37 like the bfg AT and then hammered pinch welds and did perch mod u would probably be safe.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

CWCSVT

Reaction score
My truck has 20" wheels with 35". The truck has a leveling kit and thats it. Seems to handle them fine.

Attachments

• IMG_2022.jpg
    IMG_2022.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_2023.jpg
    IMG_2023.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 176

FLYING BONES

Reaction score
I'm running 37/12.50/17 BFG ATs on the SVT Beadlock wheels with mid-perch for my Winter tire set up. No rubbing....plenty of room through the turning radius. I've also done some mild wheeling (trails at speed, low speed wheeling, no big jumps) again, I've not had tire contact.
IMO, the key to making 37s fit with minimal modifications is wheel offset. The more that the wheel is pushed out from the hub (negative offset), the more likely that the tire will rub/make contact with the fender well, fender or fender flare.
Stick with OEM (+34) offset and an "undersized 37" tire (BFG ATs are actually 36.3" tall) and you should be fine unless you really articulate the suspension offroad. Also, any other tire that has a more aggressive tread and/or is closer to the actual 37" size (Toyo MT comes to mind as I think those are actually 37" tall), you will need further mods (i.e.: removal of wheel well liners, grinding/hammering of pinch wells or 'glass fenders).

To me, the 37/12.50/17 BFG AT and SVT beadlock combo looks great. I would like a bit more offset to widen the stance a touch with these wheels and could probably run ~1/2" spacers if I wanted to accomplish that. And yes, 1/2" spacers would be fine and not cause any issues.

Assuming this is accurate...it's a huge help.
After lots of research, I think I will try Goodyear Duratrac 325/60/R20. a true 35.4" tire for a "street" "winter" set of wheels and tires. I don't see anyone else running these? But if you could point me to someone who is that would be great!
I'll keep my stock wheels and tires for wheeling. I'm pretty handy with a torque wrench and a jack so I'm not too worried about changing wheels out. There is also a chance I'll get Boatech fenders if I can get the kinks worked out on where to get the body work done. Again, hearing anyone that has Duratrac 325/60/R20 would be awesome.

BearClaw

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Assuming this is accurate...it's a huge help.
After lots of research, I think I will try Goodyear Duratrac 325/60/R20. a true 35.4" tire for a "street" "winter" set of wheels and tires. I don't see anyone else running these? But if you could point me to someone who is that would be great!
I'll keep my stock wheels and tires for wheeling. I'm pretty handy with a torque wrench and a jack so I'm not too worried about changing wheels out. There is also a chance I'll get Boatech fenders if I can get the kinks worked out on where to get the body work done. Again, hearing anyone that has Duratrac 325/60/R20 would be awesome.

Check with Ben0326. I believe he might be running those on midperch.

LocalGer

Reaction score
I recently just purchased some new kicks for my rapture
KMC misfits 20x9 0 offset
And tucked them in a set of trail graps 315/55
And no rub as of yet
And that's at stock height with low perch
I am going to do the mid perch adjustment to level the truck out and give it that extra room.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

ALDABRAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score

* Would you please post a picture of your tire and 37" BFG on here?

Thank you.