(the One and Only) Tire size.. (thread)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
I do not like this "one thread for wheel/tire sizing" idea. Not one bit do I like it. You have completely neglected those of use who just treasure waking up every morning, signing on to FRF, and hitting up the most recent "will 37's fit?" thread. Thanks a lot for ruining my forum experience.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Best place to post I suppose, I have **** Cepek DC-2s off my 08 F150. The bolt pattern is the same 6-135. They are 17x9 and specs show back spacing as 4-1/2 offset -12mm. I know they will fit, but what am I looking at with this backspacing and offset mumbo-jumbo. Will they rub the fenders or stick out past the flares? Plus at full travel on the shocks do I risk slamming the tire into the fenders due to the displacement of the tires?

My XD Addicts are 17 x 9(10" edge to edge) 18mm offset - 5.70 back space, 4.30 front space(approx). I lipped my rear fender flare once.

The stock wheels are 17 x 8.5(9.5" edge to edge) with a 34mm offset- 6.09 backspace and 3.41 front space (approx)

So my XD's stick out .89" more and will hit with the hard stuff.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I do not like this "one thread for wheel/tire sizing" idea. Not one bit do I like it. You have completely neglected those of use who just treasure waking up every morning, signing on to FRF, and hitting up the most recent "will 37's fit?" thread. Thanks a lot for ruining my forum experience.

i plan on asking this question every day for the next year. hopefully the answer will change.

DZRT1134RAt

Reaction score
37" projects with stock wheels. Put 200 dirt miles on them this weekend. No rubbing yet, but the Steering rack does not like 37's Broke it in half. If I get a chance I will weigh the combo tomorrow.

Attachments

• Raptorstars.JPG
    Raptorstars.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 398
  • Raptorfrontyard.jpg
    Raptorfrontyard.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 493

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
37" projects with stock wheels. Put 200 dirt miles on them this weekend. No rubbing yet, but the Steering rack does not like 37's Broke it in half. If I get a chance I will weigh the combo tomorrow.

Yoouuu son of a........ I want projects so bad! I'd settle for a nice set of Baja T/A's too. Please let us know how much they weigh, it was actually brought up here just recently.

INI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 37 projects with methods on my crew. Had to remove the fender and do some slight cutting of the plastic and inner sheet metal. Have UCA on it don't know I that helps or not...nothing better then projects. Took off the generals and they are for sale to a lucky buyer for 450.00
:)

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

What broke? How did you fix it?
Is there aftermarket setups available?

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm having steering rack issues myself. Not sure what's the problem but it's making a knocking/grinding noise on low speed turns. I'm running heavy 37" generals. Going to the dealer after Christmas to see what the deal is.

White608

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what was the stock tire wheel combo weight ?

So the steering racks dont like 37's or is it just high speed stuff that might have helped wear it ?