Offroad Tire Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I was all set for KO2's but now I'm thinking about the Cooper tires as well. So far with 20,000 miles it has been mostly highway with about 800-900 miles off-road.

The test really liked the Cooper and others have chimed up that regular off-road use was not an issue with the sidewalls.

I have not seen anyone here at FRF talk about them so no real-world experience with Raptors and the Cooper's.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Falken wildpeaks have been the best tire I've ran. They don't chunk and I've only seen one flat ever between all the people I've seen run them. I never got one through 8 plus runs. Now with the bfg km2's I seem to get a flat every other run. Will definitely be going back to the falkens.

Only reason I went with the km2's was for that aggressive look. Not worth it IMO haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Falken wildpeaks have been the best tire I've ran. They don't chunk and I've only seen one flat ever between all the people I've seen run them. I never got one through 8 plus runs. Now with the bfg km2's I seem to get a flat every other run. Will definitely be going back to the falkens.

Only reason I went with the km2's was for that aggressive look. Not worth it IMO haha

Anyone running the k02s? Curious how they are holding up

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haven't really seen ko2's out there. The old ones didn't do to well.

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Cooper St Maxx in 35's and 17 inch rim. They are great in the mud and wet conditions. They were a little difficult to get alignment on the truck for some reason. They are also a little loud after 10K miles. Been good tires though and I have put them through some stuff on my hunting and fishing trips.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score

I like the Falken's but I noticed at Oceano Dunes they don't work so well. After seeing Manny struggle to with the dunes and almost get stuck trying to pull Noah off a dune I don't know if they are right tire for me.

I've been running BFG A/T's for 20 years and while I never had a flat or problem a lot of the issues I've noticed tire wise is exactly what the testers found as well.

I ran Goodyear Wrangler GSA's on my '96 Jeep Grand Cherokee and they worked well but I could never get them to balance properly and ever since stuck with BFG's so it's hard to give up on the new KO2's.