Oem tpms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aggiestro

Reaction score
So I finally mounted my OEM beadlock capable wheels that I purchased from Craigslist. They were brand new with the OEM BFG's still installed, including the TPMS sensors. The sensors obviously didn't automatically sync up. Should I go to the dealer to do this, or can discount tire do this cheaper.

Last edited:

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How many miles have you driven? Go drive and they should sync up. Ford TPMS will sync when you drive.

So I finally mounted my OEM beadlock capable wheels that I purchased from Craigslist. They were brand new with the OEM BFG's still installed, including the TPMS sensors. The sensors obviously didn't automatically sync up. Should I go to the dealer to do this, or can discount tire do this cheaper.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the manual and sync them yourself...The manual does a good job of explaining how to do it with no tools...

KKILLIAN

Reaction score
You need the Ford TPMS tool. When I was changing my tires I broke a sensor and got a new one from the Ford dealer. After installing the sensor and driving many miles my TPMS warning was still on. I tried the learning method that requires no tools and that didn't work either. I finally bought the Ford TPMS tool from Tire Rack, followed the instructions and in about two minutes no more TPMS warning light.

Last edited:

KKILLIAN

Reaction score
I thought I would also add that from the reading I have done there are two learning procedures. The first which requires no tools only tells the truck which position each sensor is mounted in. The second which requires the tool will pair new sensors to the truck. Hope this helps.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is weird. I know guys that have bought new TPMS and they sync themselves after driving for a few miles.

Anyhow, I will buying new TPMS sensors soon and I will report back on whether or not they sync.

banman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the TPS sensors from eBay and had them installed on my new wheels and tires and I never had a light come on at all.