NV vs Roost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shortbusdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok couldn't find a thread on a comparison of these two wheels. Im getting ready to get some new shoes for the girl, I have decided on the stock size BFG A/T KO2(all about that speed rating).

Wheels I am leaning towards the NV in black but also like the Roost in black. I like the look of the NV a little bit more, but I like the Roost because is lighter.

I've been reading other posts about the two wheels and know that the Roost is hub centric like the stock wheels and know that the NV's are not but I don't really know if that makes any difference.

I was wondering what input you all had to help me lean one way or the other.

Thanks

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the Standards and Double Standards. But if I was gonna pick between your choices, I'd go with the Roosts. They are badass in bronze, too.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Shortbusdriver I laughed as I read your thread. I actually just had both sets of wheels that you are referring to. I've had NV's basically since I bought my truck in 2014 and have always loved them. Found a set of tires that I always wanted and as a bonus, they came with the Roost wheels in black. Was planning on just keeping two sets of wheels and tires but lack of room forced me to sell a set. I was debating between keeping the Roost and selling the NV's. Went back and forth but ended up keeping the NV's and am glad that I did. The weight difference between the 2 wheels is extremely small and is not noticeable. The hub centric vs non hub centric is also not noticeable. Honestly, go with whichever you like the looks of better. In my opinion, the NV's are more mild looking and more classic. The Roost are a more aggressive look. With the KO2's, which have an aggressive sidewall, I don't think you need an extra aggressive wheel to pair with it. I had the roost on Baja TA tires that have an extremely clean and smooth sidewall, so I feel the aggressive wheel was more needed and helped the overall look. It all comes down to personal preference though. I'll attach a side by side pic of each wheel that I put together to help me decide. Hope it helps you. Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

TaylorF-150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll cast a vote for the NV's. I've always liked the look of that wheel, especially in the all black.

OP
OP
Shortbusdriver

Shortbusdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@LekRap this is exactly what I was looking for. I love the side by side thanks!! Yeah I am defently leaning more to the NV now with that pic.

Love the truck by the way.

Thanks again,

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Shortbusdriver No problem buddy, happy to help out! Thanks for the compliment. I think the NV's are the better choice, and is safer. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone not liking the NV's.