New Wheels And TPMS...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whoisbigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I put my new beadlocks on with the new BFG's that were on them. TPMS warning came up as expected, I assume because truck didn't recognize new sensors. Every time I get in truck, warning message comes up, I hit "OK", and flat tire idiot light remains on as expected. I've put about 500 miles on new wheels and tires and now warning and light are gone.

Did my truck recognize the new sensors or did it give up trying? or something else?

Baddoug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure but I think you need a programming tool for the new pressure sensors.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine did the exact same thing. The computer will eventually read the sensors if they were the ones that came with the truck.

FORD mystery......

OP
OP
whoisbigman

whoisbigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure but I think you need a programming tool for the new pressure sensors.
Yes, you do.

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Mine did the exact same thing. The computer will eventually read the sensors if they were the ones that came with the truck.

FORD mystery......

These came off a newer truck...