Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1]

New wheels and alignment question

This is a discussion on New wheels and alignment question within the Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Hey all - Last nite I ordered new bfg's and method DBL standards. Today I went to a reputable shop ...

User Tag List

Sponsored By: Texas Motorworx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2015, 06:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default New wheels and alignment question
Hey all -

Last nite I ordered new bfg's and method DBL standards.

Today I went to a reputable shop to make appt. for front end alignment and one of the guys working there said that if the new wheels have a different offset it may change the alignment ......huh ? He says you may want to do alignment with new wheels instead.

I know folks change wheels often and I have never heard this.And I ordered the dbl standards 17 x 8.5 -6 x 135mm 0 offset / 4.75 back spacing.

I could see if I was going to 20''s but Im not too far from stock.Can someone who knows alignments shed some light on this ?

******Also Can I use factory lugnuts on method wheels ??******

Thanks

RV67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)

Originally Posted by RV67 View Post
Hey all -

Last nite I ordered new bfg's and method DBL standards.

Today I went to a reputable shop to make appt. for front end alignment and one of the guys working there said that if the new wheels have a different offset it may change the alignment ......huh ? He says you may want to do alignment with new wheels instead.

I know folks change wheels often and I have never heard this.And I ordered the dbl standards 17 x 8.5 -6 x 135mm 0 offset / 4.75 back spacing.

I could see if I was going to 20''s but Im not too far from stock.Can someone who knows alignments shed some light on this ?

******Also Can I use factory lugnuts on method wheels ??******

Thanks
I never re-aligned with my methods. If you're coming from warn tires (50% tread or less) and putting new tires on it's good to align after you get new ones. If not I wouldn't worry about whether it's done before of after.

You cannot use stock lugs. You will need aftermarket.
PacificWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Do alignment with new wheels and tires mounted. Method wheels need a small diameter lug nut. Stock lug nuts will not work. I have a set of used small diameter black Gorilla spline lug nuts for sale $50.00 includes spline key as well. Free shipping to you if you want them.
BAJA1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by BAJA1K View Post
Do alignment with new wheels and tires mounted. Method wheels need a small diameter lug nut. Stock lug nuts will not work. I have a set of used small diameter black Gorilla spline lug nuts for sale $50.00 includes spline key as well. Free shipping to you if you want them.
Pics and how used are they ? Where are you shipping from ? Send me a PM please and Thanks

Also Thanks for the quick replys from all I just did a search and finally found someone who also said No on the lugs.
RV67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 08:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default Lug nuts
Here are the pics of the lug nuts you need.

Last edited by BAJA1K; 10-04-2015 at 10:54 PM.
BAJA1K is offline   Reply With Quote