New wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fshol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to put Toyo Open Country A/T tires under my Raptor, but they don't come in a size that really fits the original wheels. Therefore I am looking for new wheels, probably 20". In my opinion not too many wheels look good on the Raptor, but I found these KMC Icon's acceptable
Nieuwe afbeelding.jpg
Does anyone here have these and have some real pictures

Banned
Reaction score
I'd suggest not going 20's if you're actually going to use the raptor the way it's meant to be used.

but, that's just my opinion, an I go with the open country m/t's. Probably find those in the right size.

-Posted with my iPhone.

OP
OP
fshol

fshol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest not going 20's if you're actually going to use the raptor the way it's meant to be used.

but, that's just my opinion, an I go with the open country m/t's. Probably find those in the right size.

-Posted with my iPhone.

Most of my driving is on paved roads and at higher speeds. Lower sidewalls, combined with the middle perch front setting and Deavers in the back, will give it more stabilty at higher speeds. Off roading conditions over here are not very demanding and the 20' AT tires will do fine for the work i need to do.

Most important arguments for choosing the raptor were not the off road capabilities, because i think you are right that in that case i should stick to to the stock size or 18" max.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you're on the road don't get Toyos. Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac look just as good or better, they way out perform Toyo on the street, they're good off road, and they weigh almost 15 pounds less per corner.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

-Posted with my iPhone.

^ Agreed 100%.

However, to the OP, I will say this; I have KMC wheels on my wifes TBSS. They do make a quality wheel! :peace:

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nitto Terra Grappler is 99.9% same as the Toyo (Toyo owns Nitto).

Anyway, the Nitto is available in a 325/70 and is 35" tall. It may be a *little* fat on the stock 8.5" wide wheel; but Nittos tend to run a little on the narrow side sometimes compared to other brands.

Otherwise I've run the Nitto's on two different trucks and they perform quite nicely on road and for light offroad duties. They're much better in light mud than the BFG A/T's, which are useless.

Everyone seems really happy with the Duratracs overall and I plan on using them in the near future.

LEGORAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

-Posted with my iPhone.

I second that. OPEN COUNTRY M/T's all the way, ones I have and are great